Back into it after 17 years!

carl125

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! My wife bought me a 125gal Tenecor acrylic corner pentagon tank for my birthday in 2004. We had a 90 gallon set up since 1995 as our first reef tank, moved it once while in Buffalo and then we moved back to the Hudson Valley in 1997 and all was good. We were recently married and moved 4 more times before we bought our first house in 2003! To say the least we became very proficient at moving a 90 gallon reef. Anyway, we never set up the corner tank and lo and behold another house presented itself to us and we moved again in 2005. Our plan was to renovate and set up the corner tank. Needless to say the renovation was daunting and the tank was stored and our 90 gallon became a glorified live rock holding tank. Three kids later, with the last one yet to leave the nest they pushed me to get back into it. So let the fun begin!!

FE588CCE-113F-474B-B70F-2575ECA1F3A6.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

OP
OP
carl125

carl125

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and lots has changed and most of for the better... I started with a slate bottomed metal framed under gravel filter then took almost 40 years off...

have fun, ask questions, go slow
giphy-downsized-large.gif
Thanks! Started with under gravel then added sump with some rubble, HOB SKIMMER AND OVERFLOW after first move

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi everyone! My wife bought me a 125gal Tenecor acrylic corner pentagon tank for my birthday in 2004. We had a 90 gallon set up since 1995 as our first reef tank, moved it once while in Buffalo and then we moved back to the Hudson Valley in 1997 and all was good. We were recently married and moved 4 more times before we bought our first house in 2003! To say the least we became very proficient at moving a 90 gallon reef. Anyway, we never set up the corner tank and lo and behold another house presented itself to us and we moved again in 2005. Our plan was to renovate and set up the corner tank. Needless to say the renovation was daunting and the tank was stored and our 90 gallon became a glorified live rock holding tank. Three kids later, with the last one yet to leave the nest they pushed me to get back into it. So let the fun begin!!

Welcome back to reefing! That's a good looking tank empty, can't wait to see it full!

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome back! That’s how you do it!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome! Glad you joined. You have TONS of BBA - Bounce Back Ability - great for this hobby and great life skill. WOW that is a lot of moving...

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Hudson Valley:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back