Backup power supply for outage

Marco333

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a backup power supply to keep my tank going if the power goes out. I don’t need everything running, just a heater and one Powerhead. I have a 200W heater on my 40 gallon reef tank and I use a Jebao powerhead wave maker.
Does anyone have a recommendation? I am looking at this one since it has two plugs so I can run the heater and power head at the same time but I’m not sure if they would pull too much wattage.

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You‘d have to first decide what type you wanted. Gas or propane would run longer and can be refilled, but they have to be outside. The one in the link is just a big battery, which should run for a little while/few hours but will deplete.

View Badges
Go with solar,I went through 2 hurricanes last year.Solar is way to go .gas propane sometimes you can’t just go out and get it.next time I will be ready with solar.lost everything but If I had solar just about everything would have made it. Gas propane nobody got any for months due to Hurricanes. Solar is the only way to go I see now

captain_jimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with solar,I went through 2 hurricanes last year.Solar is way to go .gas propane sometimes you can’t just go out and get it.next time I will be ready with solar.lost everything but If I had solar just about everything would have made it. Gas propane nobody got any for months due to Hurricanes. Solar is the only way to go I see now
can you elaborate on your solar setup?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back