Backup units

josegarzaro

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2015
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I wold like to know if anyone has any info on a battery backup unit I would like to purchase but I don't know if it's compatible with my wave maker
I would like to buy a ecotech backup battery unit and I have a jebao WP40 would this two be compatible
 
Hi everyone I wold like to know if anyone has any info on a battery backup unit I would like to purchase but I don't know if it's compatible with my wave maker
I would like to buy a ecotech backup battery unit and I have a jebao WP40 would this two be compatible

I use these "APC® Back-UPS 10-Outlet Power-Saving 1500VA UPS" for my Jebao pumps. As for the Ecotech I don't know if you could get it to work.
 
So do you think this would be a better choice they seem to be around the same price
 
I don't know much about the ecotech pumps, but any quality UPS that is manufactured for computer backup should produce a nice, clean waveform that should be more than. adequate for a pump.


How much time were you looking for? I was doing some calculations on this topic just the other day and at 150w consumption (supreme model 18) the UPS will run about 45 minutes. What are the loads you'd like to backup?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new