Bacteria? Algae?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefJCB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
812
Location
Arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t consider myself an expert, but I’m also not new to the hobby. Over the last month or so I’ve noticed a stringy gel like growth near one of my corals.

I’m pretty confident it’s not algae, the only thing I can think of is some kind of bacteria colony.

Thoughts?

301CB311-BBDB-431A-B3B5-6E50AED0A17E.jpeg
 
^^^Agree.
 
No air bubbles, It’s just stringy (very, up to 3 inches).
No sign of anything similar in the tank.
 
No air bubbles, It’s just stringy (very, up to 3 inches).
I see air bubbles in the pic you posted. I'll be shocked if it's not dinos.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new