Bacterial bloom help!!

MarkAshlee2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, can anyone give me advice, I have a bacterial bloom whilst nopox overdose, it keeps coming on my glass for the last few days, I clean it off come home from work and it back again!! It has a green tint but I have recently installed a uv filter, I have cut down the nopox to 3ml a day, tank is 300 litres. I'm protein skimming and my water is kinda cloudy. It isn't on my sand, my rock or my corals. Will it disappear on its own? It's driving me crazy. Please any advice will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bacteria blooms do diminish as the carbon dose is reduced. It might take days but it will clear up.

OP
OP
M

MarkAshlee2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few factors... UV's are very effective but they need to have the proper flow through them.
I've got a canister filter that is rated for my size tank, however because my return hose wasn't big enough to go on the inline uv filter I had to put it on my inlet hose? Will it still do its job? Thanks

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a canister filter that is rated for my size tank, however because my return hose wasn't big enough to go on the inline uv filter I had to put it on my inlet hose? Will it still do its job? Thanks
That sounds like the issue. Most UV's require a specific amount of flow to be effective.... most canister filters flow rates are very low in comparison for the size of the tank they support.

OP
OP
M

MarkAshlee2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like the issue. Most UV's require a specific amount of flow to be effective.... most canister filters flow rates are very low in comparison for the size of the tank they support.
Apparently the UV filter is by fluval and is meant to be specifically for a canister filter, it's a fluval inline uvc clarifyer

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back