Bacto Balance + vinegar

Waldek M.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The question is: are there any contraindications to combining Bacto-balance TM solution and vinegar?

OP
OP
W

Waldek M.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that 16 ml. vinegar + 2ml BB maintains my parameters perfectly, but when used individually, not so well. Vodka in any combination had a bad effect on my anemones, so I gave it up completely. I want to connect them together because I need one of the pumps for other purposes

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only potential problem of mixing would be one of the components becoming insoluble at the low pH. I’d just try combining them in the ratio you want, and if it stays entirely clear, it is fine. If cloudiness forms and remains on stirring, the answer is more complicated. It may still be ok, but it depends on whether the cloudy components are still dosed and whether they redissolve.

OP
OP
W

Waldek M.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only potential problem of mixing would be one of the components becoming insoluble at the low pH. I’d just try combining them in the ratio you want, and if it stays entirely clear, it is fine. If cloudiness forms and remains on stirring, the answer is more complicated. It may still be ok, but it depends on whether the cloudy components are still dosed and whether they redissolve.
Ok. Thanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back