Bacto Reef Balls are back in-stock!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bacto Reef Balls are now in-stock

In such short time, this one has become a hot seller! Enough that Germany had to boost production to keep up with the demand. Everyone in Europe is going nuts for this product and now that we've just received a large shipment of FM goods for the US, we can now supply you with Bacto Reef Balls.

Bacto Reef Balls are back in-stock and ready to ship! Put in your order before before it sells out again! Now is the perfect time to pick up a container of BRB and experience the results Europe has been raving about.

Bacto Reef Balls: Time-released Nutrient Control

Bacto Reef Balls is the first bacteria-based product to feature time-release technology in a small sphere. Both bacteria and carrier material are 100% reef safe and promote a healthy and natural aquarium. As soon as the bacteria is introduced into the aquarium, the bacteria begins its task and reduces nitrogen and phosphates. Bacto Reef Balls offer the advantages of daily bacteria dosing without the need for multiple doses per week.

Specially Developed Carrier Material

Thanks to the unique composition of our carrier material, a steady supply of diverse bacteria cultures and enzymes can to be added to the aquarium. Our carrier material has been specially developed for saltwater aquariums and will not cause uncontrolled nutrient fluctuations. Other materials such as normal gel behaves as an additional carbon source and thus dissolves faster and makes controlled delivery impossible.

Bacteria Dosing Made Easy

Bacto Reef Balls are super easy to use. Simply place the necessary amount of Reef Balls into your filter and replace every 2 weeks when the original sphere is dissolved. Our seawater stable polymer matrix allows bacteria to be slowly added into the aquarium. A steady supply of beneficial bacteria removes the need for daily dosing and unwanted dosage peaks.

Bacto Reef Balls: Benefits
  • Crystal clear, healthy water
  • Simplifies nutrient control; reduces Nitrogen and Phosphates
  • Reduces unwanted algae growth
  • Removes organic waste products
  • Increases skimmer efficiency and reduces cleaning intervals
  • Eliminates bacterial blooms and detritus build-up
  • Supports natural bacterial flora
  • Provides cost-effective and efficient means of nutrient control
  • Unique depot effect: Allows for a single dose to be good for 2 weeks
  • Easy to follow, low maintenance dosage schedule

Available in 100ml, 250ml, and 500ml sizes

Bacto Reef Balls are now available for ordering through our online shop!

Be sure to visit our Fauna Marin USA online store for all your favorite FM goods:
www.cm-distributors.com/fmshop

Staggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So would/could this be an alternative to dosing NoPox daily?

redtigrinus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It says put them in your filter. Many of us have stumps. Does that mean we can just throw them in there?

How many gallons will each container do?

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does this really work ? i read ppl are getting increased in no3 and po4 due to these balls .

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your sources for this claim?

Quoted :

one of them is here : http://forum.faunamarin.de/index.php?thread/96-bactoballs-und-nährstoffmangel/&postID=947#post947 . it is in german . i tried to use google translate , don't know whether lost in translation

and for me it did not really work. Maybe i used it wrongly but i left it in a high flow area . have been using 12 balls in my 600 l for 2 months and the no3 is still stuck at 10ppm and po4 was at 0.2 ppm . until i used rowaphos the po4 came down to 0.01

bhuyett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you may not be dosing the correct amount of balls. For the size of your tank based on the need.

scoopsthedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using for a few months. Four balls @60G including sump. I have 0 NO3 after being stuck at 10-20. I am feeding reef roids and polyp extender every two days + selcon with every feeding. Zero nuisance algae and tank is very clear. I'm a fan. Will do more write ups more ofte

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using for a few months. Four balls @60G including sump. I have 0 NO3 after being stuck at 10-20. I am feeding reef roids and polyp extender every two days + selcon with every feeding. Zero nuisance algae and tank is very clear. I'm a fan. Will do more write ups more ofte

Where did you place the balls ???

scoopsthedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you place the balls ???

I had two in the middle of my sump with very low flow and they weren't really dissolving. I read you didn't want super high flow either so I got a small mesh filter sack, threw four in and put right next to my filter sock. They are dissolving more quickly then in the middle but not so quickly I need to replace faster then they say. My tank is relatively new around 6 months so take my experience with a grain of salt.

scoopsthedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read it said it should be post skimmer as far as placement and mine are before. If I move them back to the middle flow is too low and I don't want to move them next to the filter so... I'll monitor. My skimmer has not been pulling out extra gunk so..

my skimmer have been hard at work , pulling out junk

W@tchm@n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, When using this, do you stop using rowaphos altogether or use this along with the rowa?
thanks!

OP
OP
Fauna Marin

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If PO4 is above 0.04, use a 50% of the normal PO4 remover just until the level falls within the acceptable range. Thereafter, PO4 removers can be used as needed.

W@tchm@n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If PO4 is above 0.04, use a 50% of the normal PO4 remover just until the level falls within the acceptable range. Thereafter, PO4 removers can be used as needed.
Thanks for the response. Currently waiting on my delivery. Looking forward to trying this.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back