• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bad Experience With BRS - Do You Think This is Fair?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Frenchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 Echo Tech G5 XR30 Radions during their close out last year knowing I could easily upgrade to G6 if I really wanted to. I really liked the lights and Mobius worked well. After some research I decided to pull the trigger and buy the G6 upgrade kits during the Black Friday sale. The upgrade is not difficult and I had both lights up and running. After about 10 minutes, I got a message on Mobius that said 1 of my units had a short. It went then went dark. Long story short, BRS rushed a new upgrade kit to me. The original kit must have damaged the unit because the new kit wouldn't work either. Well I'm panicked because I have only 1 working light over my reef. I asked BRS customer service if I could buy a new G6 at a discount or at cost because I'm worried about my reef surviving. The only solution they could offer was that I could send the whole unit to Echo Tech for repair. That's not much of solution, but OK. The cost of 2 day UPS shipping to Echo Tech was about $58. Shipped it out the same day, Friday and Echo Tech received it on Monday. Asked BRS twice to credit me the shipping charge in points, no reply. Asked Echo Tech about the status of the repair, no reply. Moved the working unit to the middle of the tank and increased the intensity a little, but I'm worried about how long this repair is going to take. Really interested to know what fellow Reefers think. Should BRS have offered me a replacement G6? At a minimum, should they offer a points credit for the shipping cost? Am I being unreasonable here?

OP
OP
F

Frenchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 Echo Tech G5 XR30 Radions during their close out last year knowing I could easily upgrade to G6 if I really wanted to. I really liked the lights and Mobius worked well. After some research I decided to pull the trigger and buy the G6 upgrade kits during the Black Friday sale. The upgrade is not difficult and I had both lights up and running. After about 10 minutes, I got a message on Mobius that said 1 of my units had a short. It went then went dark. Long story short, BRS rushed a new upgrade kit to me. The original kit must have damaged the unit because the new kit wouldn't work either. Well I'm panicked because I have only 1 working light over my reef. I asked BRS customer service if I could buy a new G6 at a discount or at cost because I'm worried about my reef surviving. The only solution they could offer was that I could send the whole unit to Echo Tech for repair. That's not much of solution, but OK. The cost of 2 day UPS shipping to Echo Tech was about $58. Shipped it out the same day, Friday and Echo Tech received it on Monday. Asked BRS twice to credit me the shipping charge in points, no reply. Asked Echo Tech about the status of the repair, no reply. Moved the working unit to the middle of the tank and increased the intensity a little, but I'm worried about how long this repair is going to take. Really interested to know what fellow Reefers think. Should BRS have offered me a replacement G6? At a minimum, should they offer a points credit for the shipping cost? Am I being unreasonable here?
Finally got through to Echo Tech. They haven't looked at it yet, but the guy on the phone said he would try to get it rushed, which gives me some hope. Some of the corals not looking great today. The frags are glued, but I can move them to another tank, Can't do that for the colonies. The thought of ripping apart the rock work is really depressing.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear about this experience. I'd be happy to find a solution for the trouble here. I've sent you a PM to get some information that will allow me to help you out on this issue.

OP
OP
F

Frenchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear about this experience. I'd be happy to find a solution for the trouble here. I've sent you a PM to get some information that will allow me to help you out on this issue.

Order #1103464194​

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for that information. We did want to get that in a PM so that your personal information isn't in the open for the community to contact you at.

I will be giving you a credit of $25 in Reward Points for the hassle and shipping in this case here. The team over at EcoTech will be reaching out today with an update on the light that was sent in for service. Please let us know if we can help with anything else!

OP
OP
F

Frenchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for that information. We did want to get that in a PM so that your personal information isn't in the open for the community to contact you at.

I will be giving you a credit of $25 in Reward Points for the hassle and shipping in this case here. The team over at EcoTech will be reaching out today with an update on the light that was sent in for service. Please let us know if we can help with anything else!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back