Bad Experience with GHL Doser 2.1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you really want to buy something new and trouble shoot it?

I’ve had my experience with ghl also service sucks at best lost 1,000’s in corals!
I would like to see all defending ghl talk until after 1,o00’s in lost corals how can you really speak!

You all mostly have an opinion wait until your in the op’s position and please feel free to read my experience with ghl and then tell me what you all would do and I spent 1,000’s to loose 1,0000’s

Don’t bash the op no one knows the situation and who wants to spend and fix come on now!

OP
OP
S

skysoblue987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems like a big fuss about nothing. It seems GHL have been as helpful as possible and it wasn’t even a direct purchase.

Perhaps the OP thought that threatening to go public would strengthen his hand but that seems to have backfired.

I don’t get why the OP keeps mentioning a “$6,000 tank”. Is that a lot?

This thread isn’t really what I’m used to seeing on Reef2Reef and I truly don’t see what the problem is.

It didn't backfired. I didn't come here for sympathy or hands. My strongest hand is my credit card company and Marine Depot. As I stated, my intent is to give potential buyers a glimpse.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure why you think there's no refund? The OP is getting refunded in full. Origionally the plan was to have it shipped back and repaired and the OP changed his mind and wanted a refund after he had shipped it back to GHL, no big deal. Any other manufacturer wouldn't refund your purchase without the product back in there hands. The issue with the refund is because he purchased it through a retailer and not direct from GHL the retailer is supposed to accept the return and refund the purchase not GHL directly. Because it has already been shipped back to GHL that's not possible and therefor complicates things a bit.

With respect t, looking at vendor response that is all but clear. Perhaps you are better at interpreting the intentions of a person thane me and that’s perfectly fine. From
My personal experience if you buy something that’s not working to promised parameters only good curtained service is to offer a replacement or repaire immediately which is not what I’ve seen in the Op’s Post or vendor reply.

I could cite my poor 3/3 Experience with GHL (P4, Doser, and Doser maxi) the quality control isn’t that great no matter how whoever from GHL tries to push it...

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With respect t, looking at vendor response that is all but clear. Perhaps you are better at interpreting the intentions of a person thane me and that’s perfectly fine. From
My personal experience if you buy something that’s not working to promised parameters only good curtained service is to offer a replacement or repaire immediately which is not what I’ve seen in the Op’s Post or vendor reply.

I could cite my poor 3/3 Experience with GHL (P4, Doser, and Doser maxi) the quality control isn’t that great no matter how whoever from GHL tries to push it...

You are right, GHLs first response was to hopefully get it fixed quickly but that did mean the OP having to open the unit up, after indicating that he didn't wish to do so GHL then offered to have it shipped back for inspection and repair if needed. I really don't think this is unreasonable. They were hoping to get it fixed quickly and avoid any down time (and of course shipping expenses) if possible. User gets there product fixed quicker and saves the company a little money, win win. That is, atleast my take from what was said in the conversation. I am curious about your experiences with GHL though, do you have a link to a thread atall??

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear people, can't we just stop this discussion before it becomes even more personal? I think over 3 pages all is said...
Very likely the customer get's just his money back - even if MD and/or GHL did not have to, a replacement or repair is for most companies the usual way this is handled - if there are no obvious signs of use or damage by the customer, which seems here not to be the case according to what the customer says.
All good, customer can spend his money somewhere else.

And yes, there are cases, which were unfortunately not ideal from the customer's point of view. But please consider the huge amount of products GHL has out there worldwide, thousands of Dosers, ProfiLux controllers with accessories and Mitras lights. And many other products. I said a few days ago in our FB group GHL Owners (https://www.facebook.com/groups/GHLOwners) you usually see only the cases in social media and forums, where not everything was optimal, the majority is just silent.
I can only say that my people do their very best, in production, testing and quality control and support. I know that we are not 100%, I am even not sure if this is possible, but we want to get close to 100%. We do a lot to improve where we can (e.g. more people for support, new procedures in production, testing, packing, etc.), but there are also limitations.

phixman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see both sides of the argument, while I can understand that nothing may be perfect , I can’t see why the buyer has to open the unit and waste his time to figure out what’s wrong with the unit, not to mention it’s brand new. The fact that the company said they would only issue a refund if no water has been ran through it is a no no. Does this mean if he had not seen the LED not working , ran the other pumps and later noticed the third pump is not working that he’s out of $400+ ? In my opinion it should be a refund , no questions asked. Something to note is that even though he didn’t buy the pumps directly from them , a receipt should of been sufficient , they can take it up with the vendor if they want , so long as the pump is sent back .

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like GHL more now, Kaiserslautern Germany is a great place. Ktown. Dustin
Usually our guests at the US airbase Ramstein (a few miles away) call our city "Ktown" (I guess "Kaiserslautern" is a bit hard to pronounce...)
Have you been here in the US forces?

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see both sides of the argument, while I can understand that nothing may be perfect , I can’t see why the buyer has to open the unit and waste his time to figure out what’s wrong with the unit, not to mention it’s brand new. The fact that the company said they would only issue a refund if no water has been ran through it is a no no. Does this mean if he had not seen the LED not working , ran the other pumps and later noticed the third pump is not working that he’s out of $400+ ? In my opinion it should be a refund , no questions asked. Something to note is that even though he didn’t buy the pumps directly from them , a receipt should of been sufficient , they can take it up with the vendor if they want , so long as the pump is sent back .
... and it continues.
How can a vendor refund something when it has been bought by a dealer?
Do you really think that Apple pays you the amount you paid at Telekom (keeping aside that they would never deal directly with an end customer who bought through a dealer).
The vendor never got money from the customer, he gets money from the dealer, and this is obvious less (minus margin) than the customer pays (and expects as refund) -> no, this will not work. Money has to come from where it has been bought.

"and later noticed the third pump is not working that he’s out of $400+ ? In my opinion it should be a refund , no questions asked"
After using a product the only option is a repair/replacement. If repair/replacement attempts fail a refund can be considered.

He says it was not used, he gets his money back from MD, and they get their money back from the vendor (GHL).

I am out of this discussion now, I can't add more.

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thread has more than run it's course, I just don't understand why it was even a thread in the first place. It seems this was intended to warn people against GHL when they don't appear to have done anything wrong and have tried to be helpful, despite the OP's attitude. Refunds would always relate to the point of purchase - you don't buy a Sony TV from your local dealer and then expect Sony to directly refund you if there's an issue.

Like I said before, a rather odd thread. If I had issues I might highlight them on a forum but I think I'd wait until there was actually a real problem, like a refund being refused when it should be issued, etc.

Maybe it's time to close this down?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that I have handled and run more GHL products that´s most people have done in their lifetime. I think I have handle (not selling but use in work) products of a value of more than $ 30 000 during the last 8 years. Twice - I got not working products - fixed without any problems. Sometimes I meshed it up - no problems - sometimes unclear who had mesh up what - still nema problema. I have nothing to complain over. Just my 5 cents and my experiences with GHL and their customer service.

Once my old dosers at home get crazy and pH rise to 9.3. Maybe it was connected with the fact that I was lying in my hospital bed after a 10 + 2 hour suregey - high like a skyscraper of pain killers (including morfin) and start to play with my GHL app? I do not know but maybe I should demand that they develope a Lasse-safe app? :) :) I´m joking - but sadly - the basic story is true. However - the aquarium manage it - no crash

Sincerely Lasse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 58 33.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back