Bad Green Star Polyp?

jonathan23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm new to reefing and today I was sold in my opinion from research online an absolutely tragic looking GSP from my LFS which doesn't have a good coral selection. I know pretty much nothing about these, first of all is this even a gsp, and if it is what can I do to save it and make it become green? Or is this a lost cause and I should just look at getting a new one from somewhere online? Thanks.

IMG_4433.JPG

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It kind of looks like a long-tentacle GSP (I have one arriving in the next few days, so I don’t have a comparison image I can share yet). It may yet perk up (depends on water conditions and lighting), or this could also be closer to its natural color.

My current GSPs are a mint green and yellow-ish green with white orbs.

My mini reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm new to reefing and today I was sold in my opinion from research online an absolutely tragic looking GSP from my LFS which doesn't have a good coral selection. I know pretty much nothing about these, first of all is this even a gsp, and if it is what can I do to save it and make it become green? Or is this a lost cause and I should just look at getting a new one from somewhere online? Thanks.

IMG_4433.JPG
It's hard for me to tell, but I have GPS and they love strong flow and medium light , here's a picture of some of mine
1630879050741493267949011280140.jpg

My mini reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_4433.JPG
You need to get them into good water flow, and a little stronger light, just acclimate slowly, they look a little brown, they should get really green

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSP are a soft coral, they don’t have a skeleton. It looks fine to me, should color back up under appropriate lighting. Also, you should always do research BEFORE you buy an animal.

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_4433.JPG
That looks so bland. Don't put in on the sand bed. Get like a small piece of rubble and glue it on. It's better for the GSP.

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSP can have differing colors though- some vibrant green, mint green, brown or even pink. If you aren’t happy with the color after a couple weeks, I would consider putting it on an island (so it doesn’t overpopulate) and look for a more vibrant frag. I have two kinds in my tank, and would be happy to send some your way if you can’t find any locally. :)

Attachments

• F070E008-A30E-4379-99A0-1A5D32A934FE.jpeg
    F070E008-A30E-4379-99A0-1A5D32A934FE.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 29

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back