bad or good algae

hellenkellerisafake

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2023
Messages
41
Reaction score
58
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is this stuff just hair algae or something i should be worried about

9F8CE74E-51F8-4162-8FD5-C292FDB9BF49.jpeg 7A142812-9C0C-460E-AB1B-C4DFF0F49EA7.jpeg 2E32C757-ACF1-4387-9F83-C0AA6EFF9EC9.jpeg
 
There is no "bad" or "good" algae.

Most of the time, you want to control it to the point to which it is not over competing for resources with your coral, or it doesn't bother you with it's aesthetics.

But no algae is inherently bad.
 
More information about your system would help also. If I saw that in a 3 or 4 months old system I wouldn't think anything of it. If it was 3 or 4 years old t that system has serious issues. Either way I'd start removing it with small water chagnes (5-10% weekly or biweekly with 20-30% monthly total). Using steel straws may help.
 
More information about your system would help also. If I saw that in a 3 or 4 months old system I wouldn't think anything of it. If it was 3 or 4 years old t that system has serious issues. Either way I'd start removing it with small water chagnes (5-10% weekly or biweekly with 20-30% monthly total). Using steel straws may help.
it’s 2 1/2 months old. i have been too busy with my other nanos to really maintain it as u can see. thanks for the advice!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new