Bad placement?

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A while back I decided I wanted to try and cover up the overflow up with some encrusting coral. I ended up gluing some montipora (mystic sunset I think) to the overflow.I also at the time wanted to do a little experiment and see if my tank could support an acropora. So during one of wwc’s live sales I picked up a frag of blueberry fields acro and glued it up towards the top of the overflow( as I’d been told it’s one of the more “easy” acros to take care of)

well so far so good and both have solidly encrusted and anchored themselves to the overflow.
A14809AF-EC8E-49A2-8DA8-CE3F6E94A062.jpeg

Bu as I’m looking at them I can’t help but wonder, did I set them up for war?
If they manage to live long enough they will meet. I’m slightly worried about when they do. Have I messed up?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A while back I decided I wanted to try and cover up the overflow up with some encrusting coral. I ended up gluing some montipora (mystic sunset I think) to the overflow.I also at the time wanted to do a little experiment and see if my tank could support an acropora. So during one of wwc’s live sales I picked up a frag of blueberry fields acro and glued it up towards the top of the overflow( as I’d been told it’s one of the more “easy” acros to take care of)

well so far so good and both have solidly encrusted and anchored themselves to the overflow.
A14809AF-EC8E-49A2-8DA8-CE3F6E94A062.jpeg

Bu as I’m looking at them I can’t help but wonder, did I set them up for war?
If they manage to live long enough they will meet. I’m slightly worried about when they do. Have I messed up?
Sunset is orange with green polyps and the Mystic sunset is reddish with blue polyps.
But besides that they may start to Fan out instead of growing down on the box. This is my Mystic Sunset that ran out of Rock.

20221201_170829.jpg

MamaMolo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The montipora will grow fast. I give it 6 months and it will be saying hi to that acropora lol not sure who will win

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back