Bad placement?

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2019
Messages
1,642
Reaction score
1,332
Location
Williamstown NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A while back I decided I wanted to try and cover up the overflow up with some encrusting coral. I ended up gluing some montipora (mystic sunset I think) to the overflow.I also at the time wanted to do a little experiment and see if my tank could support an acropora. So during one of wwc’s live sales I picked up a frag of blueberry fields acro and glued it up towards the top of the overflow( as I’d been told it’s one of the more “easy” acros to take care of)

well so far so good and both have solidly encrusted and anchored themselves to the overflow.
A14809AF-EC8E-49A2-8DA8-CE3F6E94A062.jpeg

Bu as I’m looking at them I can’t help but wonder, did I set them up for war?
If they manage to live long enough they will meet. I’m slightly worried about when they do. Have I messed up?
 
A while back I decided I wanted to try and cover up the overflow up with some encrusting coral. I ended up gluing some montipora (mystic sunset I think) to the overflow.I also at the time wanted to do a little experiment and see if my tank could support an acropora. So during one of wwc’s live sales I picked up a frag of blueberry fields acro and glued it up towards the top of the overflow( as I’d been told it’s one of the more “easy” acros to take care of)

well so far so good and both have solidly encrusted and anchored themselves to the overflow.
A14809AF-EC8E-49A2-8DA8-CE3F6E94A062.jpeg

Bu as I’m looking at them I can’t help but wonder, did I set them up for war?
If they manage to live long enough they will meet. I’m slightly worried about when they do. Have I messed up?
Sunset is orange with green polyps and the Mystic sunset is reddish with blue polyps.
But besides that they may start to Fan out instead of growing down on the box. This is my Mystic Sunset that ran out of Rock.

20221201_170829.jpg
 
The montipora will grow fast. I give it 6 months and it will be saying hi to that acropora lol not sure who will win
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new