Bagbos Dream Miracles Build - powered by Sfiligoi - Updated 2/8!

aharrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome man! The colonies look great and I truly miss being able to come by and check it out. The colonies look fantastic and I definitely need a frag of that Hawkins when I move, glad the Jose Casas is coloring up too, well swap frags. Thanks for going down to the house to check on my tank, not happy about losing those SPS but I guess what do you expect being away for two months. Can't wait to close on the house and move the tank. Then the 200 gallon planning begins so I will need your input on that!

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome man! The colonies look great and I truly miss being able to come by and check it out. The colonies look fantastic and I definitely need a frag of that Hawkins when I move, glad the Jose Casas is coloring up too, well swap frags. Thanks for going down to the house to check on my tank, not happy about losing those SPS but I guess what do you expect being away for two months. Can't wait to close on the house and move the tank. Then the 200 gallon planning begins so I will need your input on that!

Thank you my friend. I'm always happy to help you out. And if that Jose Casas acro continues to color up, you're gonna have to fight me to get it back. lol

Wow,very impressive display!! I love the open spaces and setup of the tank. Great job Craig!!!!!!!

Thanks Sonny! All of that SPS and not ONE SINGLE piece from Pro Corals in there! What's up with that? lol. You know I'm willing to make some room....: )

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaig!! We need some pics....please. :D A video would be cool as well! I use the Flip HD for my vids and you should be able to score one cheap as they have been discontinued.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And finally some tank shots. I have NO idea how to take a picture without blurring out the fish - it's very frustrating! So SaraB, Marvin, Sonny, and Gary if you guys can pm me some tips, I would greatly appreciate it!!! lol You get the "picture" though. Sorry you can't see any fish....:squigglemouth:

Keep in mind, this is a Peninsula style tank - viewable on 3 sides as a room divider.....

Right side - view 1
IMG_6426.jpg

Peninsula View
IMG_6427.jpg

Steve Elias Stag
IMG_6419.jpg

Side 2 view
IMG_6429.jpg

View 1 - FTS
IMG_6431.jpg

That's it for now. The pics came out a bit grainy but at least I have an update....lol
:bigsmile:

Wow how did i miss your thread. Your tank looks amazing...nicely spaced out and open. Love your corals and fish!!

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaig!! We need some pics....please. :D A video would be cool as well! I use the Flip HD for my vids and you should be able to score one cheap as they have been discontinued.

Hey Sonny. I've been out of town ALOT lately and have not been able to snap any pics. I'll be around this weekend and will post some pics. Funny thing is, I have a nice HD camcorder but I just need to find the time to take some video as well..lol.

Wow how did i miss your thread. Your tank looks amazing...nicely spaced out and open. Love your corals and fish!!

Thanks so much for the comments. Open and spaced out is what I was shooting for so I'm glad it comes across to others that way too. : )

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update. Haven't been able to snap many pics lately but hope to have some posted this weekend. 1smile1

I have been battling some cyano in the tank over the past month or two and it's quite the pain. I can't imagine it's from lack of flow as I'm running 2 MP60's but I feel like there are some dead spots in the tank due to the fact that the powerheads are on one end of the tank. I know plenty of others run peninsula style tanks with powerheads on one end only so I'm not sure what the deal is. Closed loop is out of the question as the tank was not drilled for one (nor do I want one). And I really don't want to place anymore powerheads in the tank as they will not be aesthetically pleasing at all on opposite ends of the tank.

Have been dosing Zeo Coral Snow for the past few weeks but it has not done much of anything. Running GFO and a big skimmer so not sure what the deal is. Corals are growing well and colors are great. Fish are happy as well. I'll try and get some new pics up this weekend - and possibly some HD video as well.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank man, looks great. I love the low laying rock structures, gives the fishies plenty of open space to swim.

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig, the tank is looking amazing bro! I hope some day soon we can come and see it in person. Truely inspirational.

Thanks Dave. You guys are welcome anytime - you know that. Hope all is well on your end.

Nice tank man, looks great. I love the low laying rock structures, gives the fishies plenty of open space to swim.

Thanks so much for the comments. This was definitely a goal as I wanted to give the fish plenty of room to swim in and out of the structures as well as above them. And I also wanted to give the corals a lot of room to grow up and out too. I have quite a few stags that will eventually fill it out well. That is the goal at least! lol

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Criag I was having the same thing happing to me ....GFO/carbon and an AP701 on 80 gallons of water and having a cyano issue. Im still ramping up my vodka dosing so having an out break of cyano is normal for me...it seemed to cycle its self out but now im battling a dino problem..hahaha! Always something but its still a work in progress..I consider my reef is still in the unstable state until I start my maintenance doses of vodka. What GFO are you running? ROWA? or the one that your LFS carries. Glad to here everything is colorful and swimming around :)

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Andy. I owe you about 10 phone calls...lol. Sorry I've been out of touch. I'm using Rowaphos and it has always worked well for me. My phosphates are undetectable so I'm unsure what's causing the cyano. Frustrating stuff! lol. If only it where white - it would blend in with the sand and I would be fine with it :snicker:

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you are using the good stuff! Dont know what to say:squigglemouth: Im sure its just a fluke....I betcha it'll be gone by the next frag swap:tongue:

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig, this tank is way too awesome for no updates. It should be a law that if you own a tank like this you have to post pictures so everyone can see. Just kidding man, cant wait to see it.

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol....thanks man. I have been a bit lazy in getting some updates on the thread. Will have some updates, pics, and videos soon. Until then, I have added some livestock over the past few weeks. Current fish stock list:

Tongan Sailfin Tang - 7"
Kole Tang (Hawaii - thanks Aloha Corals) - 2"
Black Tank (Hawaii - thanks Aloha Corals) - about 3"
Yellow Tang - 4"
Mimic Tang (Indian Ocean) - 3"
Chocolate Tang (full healthy adult male - gorgeous coloration) - 7"
Majestic Angelfish - 4"
Yellow Corris Wrasse (2)
Block Anthias (mated pair)
Sunburst Anthias (3)
Six-Line wrasse
Flaming Hawkfish

And a new addition that is still acclimating at my LFS - A Hybrid Powder Blue Tang. It is Lavender instead of blue and has incredible markings on all fins. I figured a hybrid would likely be a bit more stable than a typical Powder Blue. It is gorgeous and one-of-a-kind. Hope to have it in the tank in 2 weeks or so. I was lucky to be in the LFS when it came in and put some dibs on it.

All tangs are getting along pretty well. The Black tang got a pretty good beatdown when he was first introduced to the tank. The yellow tang was not too keen on him being there (and there is plenty of real estate). I put the Chocolate Tang in a few days later and he is actually protecting the Black Tang - crazy! The Black Tang had some fin loss from the beating but he is eating and grazing and looking better everyday. It was tough to watch for a couple of days but order is restored. Everyone is doing just fine at this point. The Hybrid PB will be my last fish addition.

Updates will be coming soon!

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful setup. The tank is immaculate and you've really given the corals the space they need to grow.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 95 44.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 100 46.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 21 9.7%
Back