Bagbos Dream Miracles Build - powered by Sfiligoi - Updated 2/8!

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has your majestic angel ever picked at your clams? Your tank looks amazing!

Thanks for the compliment! The majestic has been in the tank for about a month and a half now. He has not nipped at any of my clams at this point. He picks incessantly at the rocks and plows through the nori that I feed daily. I keep the fish well fed (2-3 times per day of either PE mysis, Rod's Food, or Nutrimar Ova plus I do 2 sheets of Nori per day). It's amazing to see but the fish can go through 2 sheets of nori in about 10 minutes.

I hope he continues to behave. Thus far, he has been a model citizen.

FlowerhornNYC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice updated Craig
Your livestock look great
Did you end up setting the quarantine tank? Do you use any UV or zone in your system?

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice updated Craig
Your livestock look great
Did you end up setting the quarantine tank? Do you use any UV or zone in your system?

Thank you very much. I did not setup a QT tank - I should as it would make things much easier when adding livestock. However, it's just too much of a pain to run a separate system right now. I do not run Ozone and never have. I've heard too many nightmare stories about it and it's just made me paranoid. I know a lot of folks use it with great success though. I haven't run a UV in years. I'm just being smarter about what I put in my tank. Trying to buy local fish so I can observe them for a few weeks before I bring them home.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping it simple Craig..I like that!.....Cant wait to see this crazy tide pool of yours!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More pics! More FTS!

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is Wow! Looking nice.

Everything seems to be growing very nicely.

That's what I want when I grow up.

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking Good!

Thanks Frank!!! Hope all is well with the new tank!

Glad to see that red rim mummy eye you got a while back is still looking as sweet as ever!

Insane collection!!!!!

Thank you Kelby. It is one of my favorites and it keeps getting better.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is awesome Craig!I will always look up to it as my idol!My chalice collection is only a fraction of yours!

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is awesome Craig!I will always look up to it as my idol!My chalice collection is only a fraction of yours!

Thanks Austin. I really appreciate that. I do have a problem for sure! lol

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good article. Your tanks are amazing. And it's great to hear that your wife supports your hobby. My wife just barely tolerates it. I've been thinking about dosing lugols but my system is pretty small and I didn't want to throw everything out of wack. And it's great that you've done so much research. I find with this hobby, you can always learn something new, no matter how extensive your knowledge is. I've been into saltwater for about 10 years (on and off) and still consider myself a newbie.

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good article. Your tanks are amazing. And it's great to hear that your wife supports your hobby. My wife just barely tolerates it. I've been thinking about dosing lugols but my system is pretty small and I didn't want to throw everything out of wack. And it's great that you've done so much research. I find with this hobby, you can always learn something new, no matter how extensive your knowledge is. I've been into saltwater for about 10 years (on and off) and still consider myself a newbie.

Thanks Frank - I really appreciate your comments. I have found that dosing Lugol's definitely helps with Blue's on SPS. I have dosed Lugols for about 3 years now. I don't test for it as I have never found an Iodine test kit I trust. And while I don't recommend dosing stuff that you can't test for, I think that it's use is pretty well documented and I have had positive results with it. And half the fun of this hobby IMO is learning new things. That's what makes this site so much fun. We can all learn from each other - and I'll be the first to say that I do a LOT more learning than teaching! lol

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 37 47.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.7%
Back