Bagbos Dream Miracles Build - powered by Sfiligoi - Updated 2/8!

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful setup. The tank is immaculate and you've really given the corals the space they need to grow.

Thanks so much. I've tried to leave plenty of room - but it's difficult as I want every acro I see! lol

Can't wait to see pics of that special PBT!

Thanks Sara. Likely won't be for a couple of weeks at least - I want it to chill out at the LFS for at least 2 weeks. He is already eating everything in site. And fortunately, he is in a tank with a Sailfin, Vlamingi, Yellow, Black, and Kole Tang. At least I know he will play well with others...: )

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice selection of fish! Also looking forward to pics of the hybrid PBT or PLT...lol I can't believe that chocolate is 7"! I guess him and sailfin rule the tank?

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice selection of fish! Also looking forward to pics of the hybrid PBT or PLT...lol I can't believe that chocolate is 7"! I guess him and sailfin rule the tank?

lol....yeah Paul, the Tongan Sailfin used to rule the tank and is still 2nd in charge. The Chocolate Tang put him (and everyone else) in his place very quickly - in less than 2 minutes. Everyone is getting along really well. But there is no doubt who is in charge : ).

I'll post some pics of the hybrid PLT once I get him in the tank. Hope to have some updates later in the week!

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the flow at the end of the your tank (opposite the MP60s)? Does enough flow get down there for your SPS?

There is plenty of flow getting down there. I only have them at around 60% at the highest point and I get plenty of flow. It remains to be seen whether the corals respond with even growth. So far, so good but I am aware that I may have to change things up and add a powerhead on the other end at some point. That will be the last resort but hopefully I can get by with them all on one side. I've seen plenty of other peninsula style tanks setup similarly so I hope that it will work out well. But lack of flow is not a problem : ). At 100%, water literally spills out of the other end! lol

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds about right lol.... i can't run mine higher than 50 percent without causing havoc in my tank and panic attacks for my poor clowns lol..... they freak out when i crank them to show someone they scared me a few times no matter how hard they try to swim it just keeps pulling them closer......." that would be ugly!!!!" :(

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured it was time for a quick update. Everything is growing well. Just a few teaser pics. Will post some more over the weekend at some point.

I'm still trying to get the hang of taking fish pics in focus...lol. I can grow SPS without a problem but I can't take a clear fish picture to save my life....lol

All pics were taken in standard mode. Not taken in Raw and no post processing. I'm mainly saying that because some of the pics are a bit washed out with light!

Chocolate Tang
IMG_6478.jpg

IMG_6541.jpg

Under all actinics
IMG_6599.jpg

IMG_6620.jpg

Final ones taken under 250w 20K Radiums
IMG_6648.jpg

IMG_6652.jpg

IMG_6661.jpg

IMG_6670.jpg

IMG_6672.jpg

IMG_6675.jpg

IMG_6683.jpg

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Craig. You sure do grow some nice SPS.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks awesome man! SPS looking good!

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks amazing Craig!!! Looking forward to seeing the progression of growth of all those SPS, lots of room for them to grow!!!

Lets see some chalices!! LOL

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks amazing Craig!!! Looking forward to seeing the progression of growth of all those SPS, lots of room for them to grow!!!

Lets see some chalices!! LOL

lol....should have some chalice pics up soon. Have some new goodies. : )

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig what do you do for nut export other then skimmer? Do you dose vodka still I know you use to.

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig what do you do for nut export other then skimmer? Do you dose vodka still I know you use to.

Very simple. Just a good skimmer (Royal Exclusiv Alpha Cone 300) and weekly water changes. I did dose vodka and MB7 for a couple of years. I stopped suddenly when I ran out of vodka on a Saturday night (over a holiday weekend). In less than 48 hours, some of my wild colonies that had been browned out for 2 years started showing color. I figured I would see how long I could go without having to dose vodka and my NO3 has never gone above .5 and my PO4 has never been detectable. So I decided not to start again.

With the new tank I figured I would have some nutrient issues. And I have had some cyano issues. I have chalked that up to new tank as my nutrient levels are very low. It's not to say that I won't go back to vodka (or biopellets) again as I had a pretty good experience with them. But for now, I am happy without having to dose. I do run Bulk Reef Supply Rox carbon in a NextReef reactor and Rowaphos in a separate NextReef reactor. I do 10 percent water changes every week. The cyano gets better and better each week so I feel like I am beating it slowly. My SPS is growing and very colorful so I am hesitant to fix something that's not really broken. Hope that helps. Just trying to keep is simple! :)

Great looking tanks for sure

Thank you very much! : )

Back