Bagbos Dream Miracles Build - powered by Sfiligoi - Updated 2/8!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pieces Craig, you should know that when you have that much nice stuff its no longer a frag tank, its just another display.

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there Craig. You have an awesome setup. It was an absolute joy reading the article in Advanced Aquarist. I am going to spend the next few hours going through this thread. Your corals are fully of colour and look extremely healthy!I noticed that you use Zeovits Coral Snow...can you please detail exactly how you use this product generally and specifically in combating cyanno?Many thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there Craig. You have an awesome setup. It was an absolute joy reading the article in Advanced Aquarist. I am going to spend the next few hours going through this thread. Your corals are fully of colour and look extremely healthy!I noticed that you use Zeovits Coral Snow...can you please detail exactly how you use this product generally and specifically in combating cyanno?Many thanks.

Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate it! : ). As for the Zeo Coral Snow, I do not use it all of the time. If I start to notice any cyano on my sandbed, I will dose according to the instructions on the bottle. I always dose after lights out and if I do have a cyano bloom, I will typically go lights out for 2 days. While this does not always rid the tank of ALL cyano, it does help to keep it in check. I will typically keep up the daily dosing of Coral Snow for about 2 weeks and vacuum any other cyano off of the sandbed once per week. I have had good results with this. It is a stubborn type of algae that is not always easy to get rid of. Hope that helps.

Just saw the article recently. Great job! It's making want to hurry up the process of getting my tank back up and running. Keep up the updates.

Thanks so much! Yes, get that tank up and running! lol

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow you are lucky bro, and I love all the pictures you took. hopefully I will go to one of those places one day.

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol disregard that, it was meant for your travel thread. I thought this was it.

but now I can't find it, and I wasn't done looking at your amazing photos.. =[

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome, lol I can't wait to see where you take us next. and thanks for the link bro

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig, where have you gone, I hope everything is well.

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig, where have you gone, I hope everything is well.

All is good : ). Just got back from vacation but that is no excuse for the lack of updates on the thread here. I went through a period of 2 years where I took pictures everyday. Just got burnt out with it and needed a break for a while. The tank is doing very well although being gone for 3 weeks took its toll on the tank. No losses but some nuisance algae that you would expect without any maintenance for 3 weeks. Getting that under control which should take a few weeks and then I'll post some updates here.:bigsmile:

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was fast, LOL. Hadn't seen you around the forum lately. How was your Thanksgiving? Looking forward to the updates.

kuyatwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
craig i have a question on the acls ballast. i am picking up a 400 watt acls ballast but want to run 250 watt bulbs can i just set the maximum percentage (maximum lighting flow) to 63 percent to run the 250 watt bulbs. 250 divided by 400 is 62.5%. Or am i stuck running 400 watt bulbs. next question have you tried phoenix or radium bulbs on the acls ballasts and do they diminish the life that much?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%

Back