Bagbos Dream Miracles Build - powered by Sfiligoi - Updated 2/8!

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig was great to finally get by your place and meet you and see your tanks. Thanks for the wrasse i'm sure he will be a great addition to my tank. Your tank is awesome. :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Bobby. It was great meeting you. You are welcome anytime and I would like to check out your setup soon as well. Thanks for coming by and, more importantly, giving my Six Line a new home that he will be happy in : )

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey craig your six line is doing great thanks again. Have to say he is kinda of a food hog though. Lol!!!! He's fitting in just fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is not afraid to eat! lol. Glad to hear he is settling in well. Thanks again Bobby. Very happy to hear that he is acclimating well to his new home : )

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the camera out tonight and had time to snap 3 pics before the lights went out...lol. Figured since I hadn't posted a pic here in a MONTHS, I would post a couple. Heavy actinics and out of focus a bit but it's a start. Hopefully I can get motivated to get the camera out a bit more after the New Year : ).

The tank is now a year old. Here are some progression pics.

January 2011
IMG_5755.jpg

May 2011
IMG_6431.jpg

Today (not the best effort but you get the idea)
IMG_7413.jpg

IMG_7414.jpg

IMG_7416.jpg

Happy New Year everyone.

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the aquascape of your tank Craig. Awesome bro, keep up the good work.

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Growing in nicely Craig. Looking forward to more pics.

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been getting a hard time for neglecting my tank thread (won't mention any names) : ). So I wanted to post an update. Everything is going well with the tank. As some of you know, I went through a VERY hard time last year with Velvet in my tank. It killed nearly all of my fish and was just an awful thing to watch. I did not have a QT tank and learned that lesson the hard way. I lost 16 fish (including my favorite tang - Vlamingi) who had been with me for 5 years and was around 11". There were a few fish that did survive. I have no idea why or how but I assume they built up an immunity to the parasite. I ran the tank for nearly 6 months with just those (3) fish in there. I ended up changing out the substrate as well. The MP60's were blowing the sugar stuff ALL over the tank and corals. My guess is that between the substrate change and the parasite not having any hosts, it died off. I have no proof of that but it's my only explanation.

Slowly but surely and with the assistance of a solid QT regimen, I have been able to build up my collection again and all is well in the tank. Here is my current stock list:

Yellow Coris Wrasse (2)
Yellow Tang
Tongan Sailfin Tang
Labouti Wrasse (pair)
Potter's Leopard Wrasse
Kuiteri Leopard Wrasse
Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse
Spottail Shrimp Goby
PinkBar Goby (pair)
Regal Angel (Tahitian)

And in QT......
Phsychead Wrasse (1 male and 2 females)

I am working on editing some video of some of the new additions. Will post later this evening. I hope this will get the thread back on track. I will try and get my camera out a bit more as well. I got some video of some possible mating behavior between the paired Labouti Wrasses last night. It went on for HOURS! lol

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig,
You have a very nice collection of wrasses now. Do you have a screen now? Any problem with the Regal Angel nipping on corals?

Jason

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome Craig. looking forward to seeing the vid of the Laboutei and more pics of the tank. :)

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig,
You have a very nice collection of wrasses now. Do you have a screen now? Any problem with the Regal Angel nipping on corals?

Jason

Hey Jason. Great to hear from you. I do have a screen now. And it was one of the best decision I could have made as it has saved a few attempted jumps already! lol

The Regal does nip from time to time. I had one acro in the tank that was barely holding on last year (a wild piece that I bought). She sensed the pending death and polished it off in no time : ). She does nip at SPS polyps from time to time but as you will see in the video I post, it is definitely NOT inhibiting the growth. I still have 3 clams in the display. He does nip from time to time but doesn't stay after it. I feed 3-4 times a day and the fish are WELL fed so that may be why? Not sure. If he starts to stress them out, I will have to sell them locally. I hope it doesn't come to that but I was well aware that it may be an issue before I bought her. She is one of my favorite fish. Just beautiful!

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first video upload so I hope it works....lol. Just a quick video of the Pott's and Kuiteri in QT. I had them in QT for about 6 weeks. Prazi only - no copper. Both were eating PE Mysis and Rod's Food within a few days and they haven't stopped eating since. They are now in my display. Have been there about 4 weeks and thriving so I am thankful for that.

My QT is very simple. a 20g Long from Petco ($1 / gallon sale) and I scored a free hang on filter and a light for the tank from my LFS. Cheap project and healthy fish. What a concept! : )

The video is in 1080p if you choose to watch it that way...:bigsmile:

[video=youtube;J7uLIEp1xd0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7uLIEp1xd0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

Last edited:
OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good craig! we need to get together soon

Thanks Roni. They are much happier in my display of course : ). I am uploading the Labouti behavior from last night. I will post it in a bit. It is pretty funny. I want to see the new tank bud! Just let me know when you will be home and I will try and get up there very soon. Hope all is well.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great Craig! That cyphastrea is wicked! The Potter's is an all time favorite of mine!..LOL.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back