Bagbos travel photo thread! VERY pic heavy! Updated 12/21/11!!

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always wanted to go to Fiji and I know for a fact some day I will and it is good to know that there is somebody I can call on for advice when the time comes.Thanks for sharing your Fiji experience with all of us Craig very nice stuff.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet pictures - thanks for sharing Craig!

El Camaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is the vacation of a lifetime Craig, awesome pictures and thanks for sharing. I will end up close to there one of these years (secret surf spots)

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! We need more pics!

Thanks. I'll have to dig into the archives and see if there are anymore to post..lol.

Sweet pictures - thanks for sharing Craig!

My pleasure. It was nice to look back through these last night. Good memories!

that is the vacation of a lifetime Craig, awesome pictures and thanks for sharing. I will end up close to there one of these years (secret surf spots)

Yes, it was a wonderful vacation for sure. There are so many surf spots around that area! I can't tell you how many people we saw at airports with boards. : )

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing Pics. Looks like one of those once in a lifetime experience. How much does a trip like that cost?

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing Pics. Looks like one of those once in a lifetime experience. How much does a trip like that cost?

Yes, it was a fantastic experience to say the least. As for cost, it would be about as much as you would think. We stayed at top notch resorts and spared no expense at all. It can be done for much cheaper, but I don't do anything half-$%# : )

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, it was a fantastic experience to say the least. As for cost, it would be about as much as you would think. We stayed at top notch resorts and spared no expense at all. It can be done for much cheaper, but I don't do anything half-$%# : )

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig, thanks for sharing your trips with us. What a wonderful group of experiences you've had already. PM sent.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you've been on some fantastic vacations to paradise! My husband complains about the flight time to Hawaii, so not sure if I can ever get him too much further!!!

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sara, while the flight time to HI is long, the extra 4-5 hours is WELL worth it. I never look forward to the flights, but it always helps me to know that I can swim in that water once I get there. It's well worth every mile! : )

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sara, while the flight time to HI is long, the extra 4-5 hours is WELL worth it. I never look forward to the flights, but it always helps me to know that I can swim in that water once I get there. It's well worth every mile! : )

So I showed my husband this thread last night and he wants to know if you photoshoped out all the people and screaming kids??? It looks pretty scarce on people and that is appealing to us!

He said maybe with a night over in LAX then the flight would not be so brutal ... so I guess I'll look into something in the next year or so for a trip maybe.

Also, were you diving or just snorkeling or both?

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I showed my husband this thread last night and he wants to know if you photoshoped out all the people and screaming kids??? It looks pretty scarce on people and that is appealing to us!

He said maybe with a night over in LAX then the flight would not be so brutal ... so I guess I'll look into something in the next year or so for a trip maybe.

Also, were you diving or just snorkeling or both?

I am still laughing at this post Sara! lol. Why do you think we go to some of these places? It's too far for kids to travel : ). While I do love kids, we prefer not to vacation with them. Every resort we have been to in the South Pacific has had a "no kids" policy. There are plenty that do allow them, but we choose to vacation with adults...lol. The lack of people is no coincidence either. The resort in Fiji has 11 Vale's (cottages) so there was a maximum of 22 people on the island at a time. And there was a staff of 50 to take good care of us. When we were there, the resort was around half capacity so we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves! The resorts in Bora Bora, Le Tah'aa, and Moorea were much larger but everything is so spread out, you really only see other people around dinner time. We are into seclusion when we get away. If you decide you want to go, give me a ring anytime. My wife is a travel agent that specializes in the South Pacific and I'm sure she would have some good recommendations (whether you booked through her or not).

Whether you go to Fiji or French Poynesia, you only have 1 choice (for the most part). Air Tahiti Nui (2 flights a day leave from LAX) for French Polynesia and Air Pacific (1 flight a day to Nadi from LAX) for Fiji. You have no choice but to break it up in LAX.

As for the pics, all were taken while snorkeling. I took all of my video and pics with a Canon point and shoot with an underwater case. I did do some diving in all locations but not much. My wife is not Certified so it limits the amount of time we can hang out. The diving was excellent everywhere but I prefer to really take it all in while diving without having to look through the eye of a camera. Much easier while snorkeling since I am in the water for 10 hours at a time...lol.

It is a lot of time on a plane, but it's the only way to see some of these amazing places. And some of the last unspoiled reefs on the planet.

gofor100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually going on my dream vacation in about 3 weeks to FIJI!!! These pics are just pumping me up even more... I can't put into words how excited I am to go.

My wife actually is just finishing up her scuba certification for the sole purpose of diving in Fiji. Can't wait...

-Chad

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many props1smile1...can't add much to compliment that hasn't bee said already... but thanks for sharing!! those pics brought me piece of mind :feel_good:

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually going on my dream vacation in about 3 weeks to FIJI!!! These pics are just pumping me up even more... I can't put into words how excited I am to go.

My wife actually is just finishing up her scuba certification for the sole purpose of diving in Fiji. Can't wait...

-Chad

That's awesome Chad - hope to see some photos on here upon your return!

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tagging along bro, you already know I love the pictures. your the only person I know that's been to heaven and back! lol =]

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back