Bagbos travel photo thread! VERY pic heavy! Updated 12/21/11!!

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Craig! I guess I'll have to get my Philippine honeymoon pics up now! thanks for the inspiration

I would LOVE to see some pics of your Philippines honeymoon! Feel free to post them here or start another thread. I have many Philippino friends here in the states. I'm guessing you had a wonderful experience there and the people were incredible? Am i correct?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More pics!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am living through your experiences and photos on my livingroom couch Craig no need for me to go anywhere.Feet kicked up, BBQ grilling ,and Corona in hand and plenty more in the fridge:) very nice Craig very nice.I knew it would be a cool thread.

I appreciate the recommendation! It's been a good walk down memory lane posting these pics. They bring back such good memories...

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fiji - Royal Davui continued...

278.jpg

275.jpg

267.jpg

265.jpg

263.jpg

261.jpg

258.jpg

257.jpg

241.jpg

228.jpg

226.jpg

222.jpg

089.jpg

057.jpg

050.jpg

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fiji - Royal Davui

One of my favorite things we did while in Fiji was to get dropped off on a private sand spit for a few hours. This sand bar (they call it a spit) only shows up for 3 hours at peak low tides (even still, it only appears 14-15 days per month). A boat dropped us off with an umbrella, cushions, beer, and a nice lunch and left us there for 3.5 hours. We were totally secluded and it was incredible.

575.jpg

573.jpg

581.jpg

588.jpg

More underwated shots...
784.jpg

767.jpg

668.jpg

630.jpg

578.jpg

550.jpg

536.jpg

516.jpg

508.jpg

503.jpg

468.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fiji - continued....

047.jpg

I wanted to bring this little guy home with me...he followed me around for an hour while I was snorkeling..
061.jpg

312.jpg

White tips were all over the place - never looked my direction though....
314.jpg

562.jpg

Nasty little sucker....
666.jpg

675.jpg

That's it for underwater shots for now. A few more resort pics.....

This supply boat came every other day to drop off food, supplies, etc. He misjudged the tides one day....it was hilarious (captain was quite embarrassed). They had to spend the night until the tides came back in. We ended up drinking kava with them until about 2AM. Cool experience.

154.jpg

156.jpg

And the last ones for now....

350.jpg

571.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's it for now....I will say that Fiji was a specular trip. I wish it was closer to us - I would definitely move there if given the opportunity. Besides the beauty of the water, corals, and the islands - the people are the best part. They Fijian people are curious, proud, caring, honest, and as genuine as they come. If you ever have the opportunity to go, it will be the experience of a lifetime. :bigsmile:

Last edited:

lhcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig, thanks for sharing and making me feel like i dont have a life :too_sad::haha:. Some really amazing shots.:dribble:.

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so jealous , awesome pics....really very awesome...

Thanks. It's still hard for me to believe that I've actually been to these places. We are very fortunate to have these opportunities and it's always nice looking back at these pics - reflecting and piching ourselves that it actually happened!

WOW! That's all I can say. Awsome trip. Thanks for sharing Craig.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I appreciate you stopping by to have a look. : )

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got tons of underwater video as well - I need to get it together and get it processed. It is some of the coolest stuff I got while there! I'll try and work on that over the next couple of weeks.

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I have not been out of state since 1997, wish I could go on vacation!

Well, it's very easy to come with excuses to not go. But we decided when we first met that we wanted to make travel a priority. We don't have kids yet so it makes it a bit easier. We each made a list of the top 10 places we wanted to go and we are working down that list. It takes a lot of time to plan but my wife is a travel agent on the side so she's quite good at that part. Of course, it also takes a large financial committment as well but we live very simple lives (no fancy cars or big house) - that makes it easier for us to get up and go. Life's too short for sure - gotta get out and go. : )

Last edited:

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the Fiji pics Craig! Here's a little tease on our Honeymoon, I'll probably start a thread tonight
IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was like taking a mini vacation just perusing your pics of paradise. Thank you! Fiji has been on my list for a while now.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is as close to a vacation as I've had in years. The wife hates to fly but maybe with these pic I can convince her its worth it.

OP
OP
soccerbag

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was like taking a mini vacation just perusing your pics of paradise. Thank you! Fiji has been on my list for a while now.

Glad you enjoyed the pics. I would go back to Fiji in a heartbeat - but there are soooo many other places to see. : )

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Craig .. .Those are some serious pics ( love them all ) ... I just wish I can be in your shoes man ... Living the life to the fullest :).. Great pics and thanks for sharing your wonderful vacation ..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back