traveled with a new torch, need help!

smittyreefs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just came back from reefapalooza and flew from Florida to Arizona with my corals. All is doing well except one of the torches i brought back with me is looking a little rough with some exposed skeleton, but looks much better than when i first arrived home. should i leave it lower in the tank on a frag rack for a while or glue to a permanent spot. also any tips or advice much appreciated.
 
I always glue Euphyllia to a loose live rock. Then you can move it around without it toppling over. If you want, glue it down later. You can direct feed it to encourage growth
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1903.jpeg
    IMG_1903.jpeg
    610.1 KB · Views: 77
I have a SPS exactly like that. It was also sold as a torch. I don't really believe it's a torch. I have grown it from one to 30 heads and fragged it multiple times. I always keep a piece in every tank.

I've thought cristata but don't agree with that assessment any longer. It's always been super stumpy and grows like a topiary, round.
1000006775.jpg
 
I have a SPS exactly like that. It was also sold as a torch. I don't really believe it's a torch. I have grown it from one to 30 heads and fragged it multiple times. I always keep a piece in every tank.

I've thought cristata but don't agree with that assessment any longer. It's always been super stumpy and grows like a topiary, round.
1000006775.jpg
Looks a lot like a frammer actually. There’s definitely hints of hammer like ends there
 
Looks a lot like a frammer actually. There’s definitely hints of hammer like ends there
I agree. The part that throws me off is that the bulbous terminal polyps end up splitting off into a seperate tentacles. Instead of staying frammerish.. it's not a big deal. It is a great euphilia for smaller tanks because of how compact the heads stay. Seems to be a bit of a fast grower also. I have to frag it often.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new