Bagging Large Orders

  • Thread starter Thread starter sbash
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2014
Messages
1,659
Reaction score
1,107
Location
Ottawa, Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everybody!

Sometimes I have to do large orders (10+ bags), and as I ramp up my 'operation', Ideally I'll be doing all my shipping in one day.

Catching fish and bagging each bag one at a time is time consuming.

The best solution I can come up with thus far is to have cheap water jugs lined up, with a bag in each, fill with a pump from the source, drop in fish (or coral), then tie them up.

A very assembly line method, but not as practical as I would like. I also have a bottle neck on the tie up portion; what is a quick way to seal a bag? Once of my suppliers uses a metal clip crimper, which would be ideal I think...

Any thoughts out there?
 
I only ship maybe once-twice a month and that’s only a bag or two at a time...so I’m not much help on this. It sounds like you have it somewhat streamlined though.

How do you currently close your bags? Are you adding o2 with fish?
 
How do you currently close your bags? Are you adding o2 with fish?

I use the twist and tie method, it would be easier if my bags were 2" longer, but I still have over half a case left, lol.... I'm looking into c-ring/hog ring crimper, looks like they are pretty inexpensive...

I am not adding O2, but my order right now are local, so they are delivered within hours. However, I am looking into shipping to other locations. What is the threshold to add straight O2? 24 hours?
 
I use the twist and tie method, it would be easier if my bags were 2" longer, but I still have over half a case left, lol.... I'm looking into c-ring/hog ring crimper, looks like they are pretty inexpensive...

I am not adding O2, but my order right now are local, so they are delivered within hours. However, I am looking into shipping to other locations. What is the threshold to add straight O2? 24 hours?
A crimper would be a nice way to do it.

I’m not sure on the O2, I’m curious as well. I’ve got a pair of fish I would like to sell but I’m not sure on shipping them.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new