Bagging Large Orders

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everybody!

Sometimes I have to do large orders (10+ bags), and as I ramp up my 'operation', Ideally I'll be doing all my shipping in one day.

Catching fish and bagging each bag one at a time is time consuming.

The best solution I can come up with thus far is to have cheap water jugs lined up, with a bag in each, fill with a pump from the source, drop in fish (or coral), then tie them up.

A very assembly line method, but not as practical as I would like. I also have a bottle neck on the tie up portion; what is a quick way to seal a bag? Once of my suppliers uses a metal clip crimper, which would be ideal I think...

Any thoughts out there?

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only ship maybe once-twice a month and that’s only a bag or two at a time...so I’m not much help on this. It sounds like you have it somewhat streamlined though.

How do you currently close your bags? Are you adding o2 with fish?

OP
OP
sbash

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you currently close your bags? Are you adding o2 with fish?

I use the twist and tie method, it would be easier if my bags were 2" longer, but I still have over half a case left, lol.... I'm looking into c-ring/hog ring crimper, looks like they are pretty inexpensive...

I am not adding O2, but my order right now are local, so they are delivered within hours. However, I am looking into shipping to other locations. What is the threshold to add straight O2? 24 hours?

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the twist and tie method, it would be easier if my bags were 2" longer, but I still have over half a case left, lol.... I'm looking into c-ring/hog ring crimper, looks like they are pretty inexpensive...

I am not adding O2, but my order right now are local, so they are delivered within hours. However, I am looking into shipping to other locations. What is the threshold to add straight O2? 24 hours?
A crimper would be a nice way to do it.

I’m not sure on the O2, I’m curious as well. I’ve got a pair of fish I would like to sell but I’m not sure on shipping them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back