OP
OP
Indytraveler83

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way you describe it, I would not change anything other than get an ATO to automate your top off and a doser for the No3. If you are diluting the No3 you may be able to even use the ATO as the doser. You would need to measure how much it adds per day to make sure it is adding the right amount but that should work too

Both of those things are on my wish list, but I still haven't figured out how to make room for an ATO. I went as big as possible on the sump and didn't leave room for anything else, and the system is smack in the middle of the living room, so it's gotta be self contained. The doser I'll have to pony up for soon enough.

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of those things are on my wish list, but I still haven't figured out how to make room for an ATO. I went as big as possible on the sump and didn't leave room for anything else, and the system is smack in the middle of the living room, so it's gotta be self contained. The doser I'll have to pony up for soon enough.
I’ve seen lots of other threads about people being creative about their ATO. The biggest item is the reservoir and there are lots of creative suggestions to have something next to the tank for that - e.g. a piece of art doubling as the reservoir like an ornate Chinese vase. In my case I connect my ATO through the floor behind the tank to my external RODI reservoir.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back