Bali Green/Purple Slimer - how hardy?

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm getting a handle on my LPS (nicely inflated, good flesh coverage, growing, splitting… they all seem happy) and now looking for things to fill out the top of my tank where the PAR is kinda at the upper limits for what I have.

So am tentatively looking at these as a candidate but have not kept SPS before so was wondering what the care/difficulty level of these was.

I see a fair amount indicating that they’re relatively hardy and fast growing, but wasn’t sure what the benchmark for that difficulty was…

OP
OP
P

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try that, a stylo or a monti digi as first tester corals for 3 or 4 months. Not very expensive.
IMG_0205.jpeg

Went with a baby Stylo that’s in there now testing the waters. So far all polyps have been open since almost immediately after I added it, which I’m tentatively taking as a good sign.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't be discouraged if the first ones don't establish. I tried a few at 10 months that didn't make it. After a year my tank went through an evolution and became very stable and predictable. I began add SPS frags. I added 38 frags with complete success into colonies and mini colonies now so you will get there with focus on stability and good all around parameters.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back