Ball anemone or something more nefarious?

Aaron Gustafson

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2013
Messages
418
Reaction score
75
Location
Seattle, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently discovered two of these guys in my tank. Must've come in on a frag (despite dipping) or maybe a snail. Kinda looks like a ball anemone but I can't tell. The two I have are in darker areas and mostly clear with a little color under blues. Tentacles radiate evenly around the mouth plate. Hard to shoot given the low light / blue, but here is the most accessible one.

Doesn't have the same look as aiptasia I've had in the past and I don't think it looks like a majano, but I've not had them before.

PXL_20240714_033231434.MP.jpg PXL_20240714_034851289~2.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new