Ball Anemone?

colenaylor

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Messages
38
Reaction score
16
Location
34209
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve asked about this before but it’s bigger now and I’m almost certain it’s a ball anemone. It doesn’t bother me at all, should I be concerned?
503939FB-C8E5-4318-AB94-F839FC8D1761.jpeg
 
Yes- Ball.
Actually named Corallimorpharia, they look like sea anemones but are a different group of creature. Like anemones they have a big oral disk and tentacles like appendages distributed all over it. The oral disk passes into a narrow body, at the end of which is a foot. The main identifiable ball anemones come in a variety of colorations with the white-tipped ones being the most commonly observed in the reef tank.
They are commonly mistaken for Majano anemones and many aquarists treat them like pest anemones, they pose no real threat to the aquarium other than thriving in it.
 
I’ve asked about this before but it’s bigger now and I’m almost certain it’s a ball anemone. It doesn’t bother me at all, should I be concerned?
503939FB-C8E5-4318-AB94-F839FC8D1761.jpeg
That is a ball anemone. (Actually a mushroom) I have a few in my tanks and luckily they are not like aiptaisa in any way.

They can multiply, but not to plague proportions.
 
Looks like a ball to me. Not my pic btw
Edit: if it is a ball . I read they are safe to keep. GL!
Somehow, This ended up in the wrong thread....
Corallimorpharia.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new