Balling light dosing: product description vs Aquacalculator?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sasa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to switch from ATI Essentials to the Full FM light method, just got home from the LFS where they ordered me the full set Big package and also bought the FM salt bucket just to have 100% FM:
IMG_20200627_174220.jpg

The manual at FM says:

Dosage:
Calculate the correct dosage with the Aquacalculator:
At www.aquacalculator.com you will find a suitable Balling-Light online calculator for calculating the correct dosage quantities.
This online tool is the only one with which the original Balling Light recipe is stored. Other calculators calculate the Balling Light method on the basis of the classic recipe and thus incorrectly.
Dosage of the Balling Light Solutions ca.:
ALK/KH 10ml/100 litres + 0.5 dkH
CA 10 ml/100 litres + 18 mg / litre
MG 10 ml/100 litres + 5 mg / litre

I am also subscribed to the Aqua-calculator software so quickly updated my balling method to the FM light - but there came something I cannot explain:
As above the official manual states that if I add 10 ml/100 litre CA solution that will raise +18mg / litre calcium value and +0.5dKH.
However the Aqua-calculator says something completly different:
1593272865512.png

The manual also says the AQ is the "only tool" that contains the reciepe and should be used. Now I am confused - which one to believe?

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI
You can follow the Aquacalculator App, it seemed that there was a mistake while made an update on our site.

OP
OP
sasa

sasa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI
You can follow the Aquacalculator App, it seemed that there was a mistake while made an update on our site.

Just FYI the same "mistake" applies to the user manuals as well.
Very unlucky mistake as I had to realize I just received 45% less value for the $ as now I have to dose nearly double the amount I anticipated... :(

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI the same "mistake" applies to the user manuals as well.
Very unlucky mistake as I had to realize I just received 45% less value for the $ as now I have to dose nearly double the amount I anticipated... :(
Hi. i am sorry but this is not correct. The point is that you always get the same ammount of Calcium ! So you did not loose anything It is only a matter of the concentration of the stock solution you made. We are sorry we do an update at the Website and a older Version goes online. We will fix it asap

OP
OP
sasa

sasa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not like I want to start an argument here, it is what it is. But it has nothing to do with the concentration, I always referred to the recommended mix... what is not true is the product description.
Working people do mistake, it is inevitable, happy to hear you're gonna correct it. Best if we agree to that and close down this argument. I will follow the Aqua Calculator recommendations for the dosing.

Fauna Marin Support

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,so which method you preferred?

Hi there,
So after two years we have managed to update our dosage information. You can use the Aqua Calculator of course, and/or you can follow the informations on the products and on our website.

If you need support, please feel free to contact us! Either here in the forum or also gladly directly by email to: [email protected]

:)

Back