Balling lite and SO4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

stilofora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the Magnesium mix or Calcium mix the are some sulfate? i meam MgSO4 or CaSO4.i ask this because i'm in sulphate deficit.I am currently using Triton and by removing the water replaced by additions, I think I have reduced the sulphates in favour of chlorides.
I am considering switching to Fauna Marin and therefore ask this question.
Last question about Rebiotic.In the istruction i read"Dose 2x per week for 4  -  6 weeks. After this time add a maintenance dose every 4 weeks."but how much is a mantainance dose?After 4-6 week in some instruction is written that is possible to return to normal bacteria based product so the mantainence is no more required?

Nommarune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well CaSO4 is 1 part calcium 1 part Sulfur and 4 parts Oxygen. And same for the magnisium. That being said, how these are absorbed into the the water would most likely be magnisium sulfate exchanging the magnisium for hydrogen causing a by product of hydrogen sulfate and magnisium oxide via means of double replacement reaction same for the calcium. Basic saltwater chemical equation is H2O + NaCl now whe you add let's say the magnisium solution H2O+NaCl= NaO+HCl ----> NaOH2Cl + MgSO4 = MgO + NaHO + HSO4 + Cl so the free free molecule would be chloride. This is just based on a quick look at it and how ions should react in an isolated exchange between these two basic formulas. Obviously our reef water is much more complex. If you need I could balance that equation as well to show the exact number of molecules in the bound formula but this is just an example to explain why you test chloride which needs to be removed or neutralized by being bound to another agent.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back