Banded Shark not eating

  • Thread starter Thread starter aalhait
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aalhait

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2020
Messages
92
Reaction score
69
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had issues with Sharks for sometime. Over the years. I’ve wanted to keep different kinds.

I bought a banded shark from Liveaquaria and it has not eaten in over 2 weeks.It just hides under a rock and no matter what foods I throw in front of it. It does not seem interested.
I’ve tried brine mysis cut up prawns calamari even scallops. And frozen cube mixes. Nothing seems to be attractive.
What should I do?
Water parameters are fine. pH is around 8 salinity is 31-32. This is a fish mainly 150g tank
 
hi,try thawed pieces of cocktail shrimp :)
 
Add a few guppies or couple of mollies or better yet, live ghost shrimp
Assure you have met water conditions and not getting false readings

salinity. 1.025
Temperature. 76-7
ph 7.9- 8.2
Ammonia. .03
Nitrate. .02

adequate light and oxygen levels
 
Last edited:
Add a few hippies or couple of mollies or better yet, live ghost shrimp
Assure you have met water conditions and not getting false readings

salinity. 1.025
Temperature. 76-7
ph 7.9- 8.2
Ammonia. .03
Nitrate. .02

adequate light and oxygen levels
hey us hippies resent that:p;)
 
Add a few hippies or couple of mollies or better yet, live ghost shrimp
Assure you have met water conditions and not getting false readings

salinity. 1.025
Temperature. 76-7
ph 7.9- 8.2
Ammonia. .03
Nitrate. .02

adequate light and oxygen levels


Parameters are great, I have 13 other large fish in there... Everybody eats well.
I've tried cocktail shrimp also... If that shark has expensive taste, he may want Beluga Caviar next... $300/oz ;)
 
I may try live foods next.

Ghost shrimps and guppies> But how do you prevent the other fish from eating them all before the shark even feels he wants to move
 
Last edited:
I may try live foods next.

Ghost shrimps and guppies
Feed them at lights out as other fish may eat them before shark has a chance to
 
have you tried stick feeding,rubbing nose ,with food?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new