Banded Snake Eel help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slocke
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 10.20.40 PM.png

Only had one shipping option and.......

Lol, I gotta laugh, sorry
 
Have you asked your lfs about ordering you a bag. Some lfs are pretty good anout giving you a deal if you just pick the whole quantity up in the shipping bag.
 
Have you asked your lfs about ordering you a bag. Some lfs are pretty good anout giving you a deal if you just pick the whole quantity up in the shipping bag.
I asked Petsmart. They told me they need to let the shrimp acclimate in their tanks before they sell them?? I'm going to try a few more places this week before I order.
 
No luck with ghost shrimp but I did find feeder guppies and a good deal on peppermint shrimp. Guess its time to experiment and see what these eels will and won't eat.
tempImageHcLKIF.png
tempImage6UUxjW.png


I don't usually like this LFS because it doesn't have great ethical standards but it is massive with some very interesting critters.
tempImageNV70w9.png

The grouper is about 40" (10ft pool)
tempImage4s1COn.png
 
No luck with ghost shrimp but I did find feeder guppies and a good deal on peppermint shrimp. Guess its time to experiment and see what these eels will and won't eat.
tempImageHcLKIF.png
tempImage6UUxjW.png


I don't usually like this LFS because it doesn't have great ethical standards but it is massive with some very interesting critters.
tempImageNV70w9.png

The grouper is about 40" (10ft pool)
tempImage4s1COn.png

Well peppermint shrimp are great, but expensive, yeah. I used to get an lfs to order me a bag at at a discount, but eventually it was costing me $40 a feeding. Guppies are fine, feeder or fancy. The eel may already be too big for regular feeder guppies, but maybe not. If you can find small fiddler crabs, you can try those too, a regular pebbletooth eel will eat those.
 
Well peppermint shrimp are great, but expensive, yeah. I used to get an lfs to order me a bag at at a discount, but eventually it was costing me $40 a feeding. Guppies are fine, feeder or fancy. The eel may already be too big for regular feeder guppies, but maybe not. If you can find small fiddler crabs, you can try those too, a regular pebbletooth eel will eat those.
I'm thinking the guppies are the perfect size for the banded and its tiny mouth for now. I was tempted to get fiddlers with the ghosts at the livebrineshrimp site.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new