Only had one shipping option and.......

Lol, I gotta laugh, sorry

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you asked your lfs about ordering you a bag. Some lfs are pretty good anout giving you a deal if you just pick the whole quantity up in the shipping bag.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you asked your lfs about ordering you a bag. Some lfs are pretty good anout giving you a deal if you just pick the whole quantity up in the shipping bag.
I asked Petsmart. They told me they need to let the shrimp acclimate in their tanks before they sell them?? I'm going to try a few more places this week before I order.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No luck with ghost shrimp but I did find feeder guppies and a good deal on peppermint shrimp. Guess its time to experiment and see what these eels will and won't eat.
tempImageHcLKIF.png
tempImage6UUxjW.png

I don't usually like this LFS because it doesn't have great ethical standards but it is massive with some very interesting critters.
tempImageNV70w9.png

The grouper is about 40" (10ft pool)
tempImage4s1COn.png

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No luck with ghost shrimp but I did find feeder guppies and a good deal on peppermint shrimp. Guess its time to experiment and see what these eels will and won't eat.
tempImageHcLKIF.png
tempImage6UUxjW.png

I don't usually like this LFS because it doesn't have great ethical standards but it is massive with some very interesting critters.
tempImageNV70w9.png

The grouper is about 40" (10ft pool)
tempImage4s1COn.png

Well peppermint shrimp are great, but expensive, yeah. I used to get an lfs to order me a bag at at a discount, but eventually it was costing me $40 a feeding. Guppies are fine, feeder or fancy. The eel may already be too big for regular feeder guppies, but maybe not. If you can find small fiddler crabs, you can try those too, a regular pebbletooth eel will eat those.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well peppermint shrimp are great, but expensive, yeah. I used to get an lfs to order me a bag at at a discount, but eventually it was costing me $40 a feeding. Guppies are fine, feeder or fancy. The eel may already be too big for regular feeder guppies, but maybe not. If you can find small fiddler crabs, you can try those too, a regular pebbletooth eel will eat those.
I'm thinking the guppies are the perfect size for the banded and its tiny mouth for now. I was tempted to get fiddlers with the ghosts at the livebrineshrimp site.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back