Bandit Haven

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@stunreefer do you have a larger pixel FTS? I would like to use it for our FB Fan page cover for a while if you're ok with it? :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please tag me back.

Mesa fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an amazing tank. Any trouble with coral. I hoping to get one in February but in worried they will eat my Zoas and/or my SPS.

MUSBFRANK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rarely compliment tanks on here just because there's so many and I'm spoiled as a result, but finishing it off with not one but a pair of cool rare angels makes this tank one of my favorites! Can't argue with success but your flow seems crazy turbulent but it's certainly working, CONGRATS!

OP
OP
stunreefer

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words everyone!
This is an amazing tank. Any trouble with coral. I hoping to get one in February but in worried they will eat my Zoas and/or my SPS.
I had to remove two small plate corals. They pick at pretty much everything from time to time, but if your coral is healthy they don't do damage. The little plates would just stay retracted all the time and by the time they opened back up, wham, they'd hit it again ;)

My advice to anyone mixing angels with coral is: keep them well fed, keep lots of coral to spread the nipping around, don't add to a tank full of frags (colonies can handle nipping, frags cannot) and finally your fishes will ultimately dictate what coral you can keep. It's their home afterall :)

OP
OP
stunreefer

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree

OfficeTank100115_zpslr1rfgal.jpg

OfficeTank100115TopDown_zpssbpkpl6f.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wouldn't touch this tank! It's perfect!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey bro, please give us some more photos! I love this reef!

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see more video. Watching those two bandits glide around the tank is just beautiful. Have they spawned yet?

OP
OP
stunreefer

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have they spawned yet?
Not yet, but they've been dancing more and more. I received both last December around 2.5". The dominant fish went through two different major growth spurts, seemingly overnight. "She" has likely turned "he" and is ~4.5". The other gal is ~3.5" now. I suspect I'll see something more exciting from them within the next year. Itching to get them a taller tank for more dancing height but that's a ways out still.
Very Nice Banditos.
¡Gracias!

OP
OP
stunreefer

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stunreef, did you socially acclimate these fish and how necessary was it?
Yes I did. They were quarantined in the same tank with an egg crate divider for about six weeks. Then they were added to the display which also had an egg crate divider for another four weeks or so. This allowed one of the fish to establish dominance without ever even touching the other. The dominant fish outpaced the other in growth considerably, then the egg crate was pulled. There was some running around initially as expected, but nothing overly worrisome.
IMG_20151223_143438.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 90 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 91 45.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 19 9.5%
Back