Bangaii cardinal carrying eggs

IIDRYWATERII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi saw the male and female dancing followed by the eggs been ejected and male holding them in his mouth….. Not done this before so just looking for advice….. don’t have a spare tank but closer to the time going to put him in a breaded within my tank…..
Think I’ve read he hold them for a month, is that correct? Also what’s the best to feed them if any survive?
Thanks

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi saw the male and female dancing followed by the eggs been ejected and male holding them in his mouth….. Not done this before so just looking for advice….. don’t have a spare tank but closer to the time going to put him in a breaded within my tank…..
Think I’ve read he hold them for a month, is that correct? Also what’s the best to feed them if any survive?
Thanks
You are going to have to hatch baby brine shrimp for them, have a breeder net or tank with sponge powered air filter or something that wont risk shredding them.

OP
OP
IIDRYWATERII

IIDRYWATERII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are going to have to hatch baby brine shrimp for them, have a breeder net or tank with sponge powered air filter or something that wont risk shredding them.
Got a breaded net, I’ll look into hatch brine shrimp but just seen a site I can order them off aswell

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a breaded net, I’ll look into hatch brine shrimp but just seen a site I can order them off aswell

brine shrimp for sale if you dont wanna grow em

OP
OP
IIDRYWATERII

IIDRYWATERII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hatcheries im seeing don’t have any heating on them, I thought you needed one…..
Example below

Attachments

• 333966E9-887E-4751-B590-D96959F710F2.png
    333966E9-887E-4751-B590-D96959F710F2.png
    753.1 KB · Views: 35

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont need anything special, a small bucket (3 gal maybe, fill to 2), with a sponge filter (1), Small heater (2) and airstone (3) will be a great setup

plus it will be usable for raising pods, brine shrimp or phyto and can be reused without issue.

(1)

(2)

(3)

SaltBabies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done cardinals.
I put the babies in a 1 gallon container with green water no heater (but my room temp was about 70 degrees and they were in front of the light I use to grow green water so a little heat from there.

I fed newly hatched baby brine. They are on that til they get a little bigger and you wean them.

You might could do dead food from the start but to me that is harder than hatching brine. Because the dead food makes a lot of waste and you have to worry about ammonia. If you put them in a bowl with green water and brine then you just check the ammonia daily and change as needed. I changed like every 2 weeks. Water changes change chemistry so you have to be careful when they are young about changing the water chemistry too fast.

The green water helps keep the brine nutritious. I also mixed in a few copepods for nutrition. If you don't have decent nutrition they can suffer from sudden fright syndrome.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 98 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back