Banggai and Pajama

ant.anestis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I have a Reefer 250 and intend to have (if I can make it), a mainly SPS tank.

Currently, I have a problem of veeeeery low nutrients, and that's because I only have a pair of Ocellaris in there; and a juvenile one at that. Tomorrow, I will add my 3rd, 4th and probably, 5th fish. It's gonna be a Banggai Cardinal and 1or 2 Pajama Cardinals. What are your opinions? I am mainly concerned about the aggression between them and the available space later on. I don't know if the Pajamas are paired but as far as I know, there won't be a problem between them.
Later fish stock include a Gramma Loreto, a Mandarin Goby, a small shoal of Threadfin Cardinal and a Kole Tang.
TIA

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 5 PJs for my 75 when I first got it up and running and they're still alive 5 years later, great hardy fish. They don't all hang together, I was hoping for more of a school, but whatever. Right now they share the tank with a Kole Tang, Foxface, 2 clowns (paired). I did have a Mandarin Goby with them for years, but it has passed on. I'm not sure if a Kole tang might pick at SPS, it might.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pair of pajamas and they dont hang together much. FYI - cardinals are nocturnal and more active during lights out then daytime which is why some find them boring. Also Kole tang may not enjoy being in 34 gal tank and become aggressive, IMO Tomini tang is more docile but again would be concerned in a 34.

HockeyRooster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are your 3 Banggais doing? I thought they would normally pair up and bully the odd one out.

HockeyRooster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I have a large single Banggai and I want to add a mated pair. Think I better rehome the single though. I assume you added all three together.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back