Banggai cardinal hurt

Trustyworm

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2024
Messages
94
Reaction score
21
Location
San Jose
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one banggai cardinal in my tank and his face/jaw looks weird. His mouth looks like it’s swollen square shape and looks bigger than the rest of the other cardinals. I don’t know how he got hurt, but I need help.

IMG_1789.jpeg IMG_1790.jpeg
 
Thats a she, and she's holding eggs. Bangaii' are mouth brooders.
Oh wow that's amazing! Can I get like a 5 gallon and put her in there so she can hatch the babies there? I have never done this before. Honestly I might raise them and give them to my local store after they get big enough.
 
Oh wow that's amazing! Can I get like a 5 gallon and put her in there so she can hatch the babies there? I have never done this before. Honestly I might raise them and give them to my local store after they get big enough.
Buy a breeder box. That way all parameters stay the same and the success rate of the lil babies is higher.
 
I have a HOB breeder box on my tank that uses an air pump to pump water in, and has an overflow draining back into the tank.
bang tank

It has 3 chambers too. Could be good for acclimating nems possibly. Haven't tried yet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new