Banggai Cardinalfish not eating

  • Thread starter Thread starter AdamNC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2014
Messages
4,118
Reaction score
3,191
Location
Winston Salem NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got this healthy little Cardinal fish 2 days ago. Currently I feed LRS Reef Frenzy nano and he goes for it but then spits it right out. I've not seen him eat anything and worried he might starve himself. He seems willing to eat. Anything else that's proven they will eat? Everything else in the tank goes nuts for the LRS.
 
Mysis shrimp or table shrimp diced up real small. When I introduced mine, this is the only thing they ate. Now they eat most stuff.
 
Maybe try New Life Spectrum Thera A, 1mm. My Banggaii does not want to eat last week and I feed him this and eating it.
 
Well from LRS website here's what's in the food I'm feeding.

LRS Reef Frenzy® NANO ingredients:

Fresh Wild Caught Scallop

Fresh Wild Caught, Hand Peeled Shrimp

Fresh Wild Caught Perch and Whitefish

Premium Piscine Energetics Mysis Shrimp

Squid

E. pacifica Krill

Fresh Shucked Oysters and Clams

Zooplankton and Rotifers

Oyster Eggs and Ovarian Tissue

Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acids (Selco)

Buffered Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C to delay oxidation)

D. salina Algae containing beta carotene
 
Well from LRS website here's what's in the food I'm feeding.

LRS Reef Frenzy® NANO ingredients:

Fresh Wild Caught Scallop

Fresh Wild Caught, Hand Peeled Shrimp

Fresh Wild Caught Perch and Whitefish

Premium Piscine Energetics Mysis Shrimp

Squid

E. pacifica Krill

Fresh Shucked Oysters and Clams

Zooplankton and Rotifers

Oyster Eggs and Ovarian Tissue

Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acids (Selco)

Buffered Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C to delay oxidation)

D. salina Algae containing beta carotene

Have you tried frozen mysis? Frozen brine? Live brime? Live blackworms? Frozen coepods? Live coepods?
 
No idea where local to get live brine or black worms. Copods are swarming in my tank and haven't tried frozen brine yet. LRS has Mysis in it already. Tank is 2 years old, maybe it's finding stuff already in there.
 
my cardinal has been with me for almost 3 years and it still will not touch pellets or flake of any kind. eats frozen Mysis and brine but he goes nuts for freeze dried blackworms.
 
Mine loves frozen Mysis. He will pick out bits out of frozen mixes like LRS or Rods.
He also loves live black worms.
You would think being captive bred, they would not be so picky but they are.
 
I have two of these guys in my tank. They are very picky eaters. The will devour anything that is frozen. They wont touch nori which is mainly what I feed. Yet some how they have gotten quite large.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new