Bar gobies breeding?

Pat Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has any one ever breed or had a pair of bar gobies breed? I'm asking because I have two or had two. it now seems like only one comes out at a time or I lost one somehow and was just curious how they bread and their habits. There burrow is in the back under my main pile of rock so I really cant check on them. Thx in advance for any replies.

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Males tend to nest and are usually the larger fish. From my experience with neon gobies and Midas blennies, they still come out to eat. You might have lost a fish buddy.

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 green banded gobies, and thought the same thing.. Looking into it, I think you might be in the same boat.
Once eggs are laid, one watches the eggs, like a hawk! (it's hilarious to see a goby beat the crap out of a hermit crab when they get close lol)

For weeks I thought I was down to 1 of the 2, but watching the tank continuously for awhile I did in fact see both come out into view on opposite sides of the tank.

OP
OP
Pat Clark

Pat Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm glad you had a good experience but sadly I haven't seen hide nor scale of my two so I'll say they are gone. Don't know what happened. I'm still sad.

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep looking! They're small suckers. Maybe don't feed the tank for a few days and then add some pod plankton or such in an attempt to get them to come out when they smell it.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 106 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back