bare bottom cuc

  • Thread starter Thread starter rayn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2014
Messages
3,355
Reaction score
2,383
Location
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering what all that are running a bare bottom tank are using for clean up crews? I am at then point of adding mine and am wondering what to get. I usually use a sand bed, so this is new for me.
 
Everything that you can use in sand bottom tank I have in mine. Including sand sifting star that has been with me almost 10 years now. He seems like a more rare one as he has always had six legs. I do have 100s of hermits and snails as well as stometellas that keep breeding.
 
I feel like I need something to stir up the detritus on the bottom. But usually just take the powerhead an point it down change filter sock and let it catch most of it. I don't do water changes other wise I would suck it out. My sump is about 1/2" deep with detritus. Millions of pods, stars and baby snails moving around in there. I don't run a fuge only biopellets and skimmer so no light in my sump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new