OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HDPE, as long as its the regular one without additives such as flame retardants, anti microbial, should be inert. I have had the followings in my tank with NO issues... HDPE, LDPE, PP, PVDF and ECTFE. My issue with PE/PP is that they float.

Great! Can you look at the White Starboard from King Plastics and give me your opinions on that one. This is the one I used below:

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great! Can you look at the White Starboard from King Plastics and give me your opinions on that one. This is the one I used below:

HDPE is generally inert. King Plastics mentioned UV stabilisers, not sure will those leach out in time, unless there is a toxicity test conducted we will never know. BTW what are you suspecting?

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my most recent builds I used 1/16" black ABS bought on Amazon. Cheaper than HDPE (Starboard) and bonds to the glass with silicone better than HDPE did.
Hey, it's 2 yrs old, but I bought some ABS from Amazon and wanted to add it to my bare bottom. Is this what you used? I'm trying to find if it's reef safe and can't get an answer anywhere

Limited-time deal: Zuvas Black ABS Plastic Sheet 12" x 16" x 0.06" 6 Pack, Flexible Than Plexiglass Sheet, Moldable Than Acrylic Sheet, DIY Materials for Home Decor, Handcrafts (Matte & Textured Finish) https://a.co/d/fjhQ5nH

Attachments

• EEDBD96B-C644-451F-9D94-26C1344528F9.png
    EEDBD96B-C644-451F-9D94-26C1344528F9.png
    240.5 KB · Views: 24

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back