Barrier Reef Chromis Size?

AtlantiCat

33% Salt, 67% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have fully mature Barrier Reef Chromis?

I'd like to get a trio for an IM 40 Nuvo Pro 2 Mini tank, but I can't seem to find a consensus on the mature size. I've seen anywhere from 2.5" to 4". I'm concerned that if they're 4" they might be a little too large for the tank, as it's an AIO with a 23 x 15 x 19 display.

Anybody with experience with these fish?

EgotisticObeseChihuahua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have fully mature Barrier Reef Chromis?

I'd like to get a trio for an IM 40 Nuvo Pro 2 Mini tank, but I can't seem to find a consensus on the mature size. I've seen anywhere from 2.5" to 4". I'm concerned that if they're 4" they might be a little too large for the tank, as it's an AIO with a 23 x 15 x 19 display.

Anybody with experience with these fish?
I wouldn't worry too much with their size. I have a 48" x 24" x 24" with only 2 of them, and they grow pretty slow.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever I try chromis I always end up with one. I've tried groups of 7 twice. My last one was a few years old but stopped growing at around 2-3 inches. I did see a pair at a lfs once and they had to be at least 4 inches. I had never seen them that large before or since.

OP
OP
AtlantiCat

AtlantiCat

33% Salt, 67% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chromis and anthias don't seem to grow very much past half their max size unless they're fed a few times a day at least
I plan to have pods, so I presume they could feed themselves once in awhile in addition to what I provide. Does that count?

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to have pods, so I presume they could feed themselves once in awhile in addition to what I provide. Does that count?
It helps a bit, but they're planktivores in the wild they're not huge rock cruising species. They usually consume free floating seas of planktonic life which isn't really replaceable in our glass boxes

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back