Bartlett Anthia with uronema

indeco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just brought 4 bartlett anthias and one happen to develop uronema on the 6th days of QT.

I did a seachem paraguard dip for 1 hour on the affected anthia and started seachem Paraguard treatment.

Today is the 7th days of treatment and I have seem good improvement as the wound is 70% recovered.

The anthia is eating well during the treatment but today he is hiding under the PVC pipe and not in the open swimming. He still eating well but the behaviour is not like normal times.

I'm wonder should I start treating him with seachem Metroplex with focus using food?

Is Metroplex able to mix with Paraguard?

I'm also thinking of adding kanaplex to manage secondary infection but worry the Anthias will be stress out.

will like to have advice on the treatment steps moving forward.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uronema can be a pretty tough parasite to completely rid from fish. When using Metro, it's best to treat the water and, carefully, feed Metro + food + Focus.

OP
OP
indeco

indeco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to treat all anthias if they were in the same tank.

I would do metro as I don’t know if paragard is effective although formaldehyde is pretty effective

full treatment protocol

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/uronema-marinum.247940/

Yes, all anthias are treated in my QT now.

Paraguard seem to be working as the infected wound is recovering well.

Based on humblefish article, metro is used to treat for internal infection as well but I'm wondering that can it work hand in hand with paraguard.

Uronema can be a pretty tough parasite to completely rid from fish. When using Metro, it's best to treat the water and, carefully, feed Metro + food + Focus.

If I will to complete my 14 days parguard treatment first then proceed to do metro treatment? Does this sound or it is too late?

OP
OP
indeco

indeco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update, not a good news all my anthias are having uronema now.

I may have to take back my claim on Paraguard able to treat uronema or maybe I never dose to the therapeutic level.

Anyway I have did a water change and started Metroplex treatment based on 2 spoon per 10 gallon formula.

I will also start feeding food with metroplex + focus.

Hope is not too late for me!

OP
OP
indeco

indeco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's day 5 into the treatment, I saw recovery on the wounds but at the sametime new infection is happening.

Anyone able to advise is this normal? What should I do to prevent the re-infection?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back