Base cabinet for 35 gallon aquarium

fishienewbie

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
NH
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 35 gallon cube tank (20"x20") which should weigh around 350lbs. I want to set it up on this 24" wide by 21" deep cabinet, which I will reinforce with a 2x4 frame on the inside, and top with 3/4" birch plywood and then the foam leveling mat. I'll also attach the cabinet to the wall studs for extra stability.
Screenshot_20240704_105129_Lowe's.jpg


Does this seem like it will work?
 
I have a 35 gallon cube tank (20"x20") which should weigh around 350lbs. I want to set it up on this 24" wide by 21" deep cabinet, which I will reinforce with a 2x4 frame on the inside, and top with 3/4" birch plywood and then the foam leveling mat. I'll also attach the cabinet to the wall studs for extra stability.
Screenshot_20240704_105129_Lowe's.jpg


Does this seem like it will work?
Yes, I have seen it work. At work we set up a cassiopeia propagation and had to support all the counters we set it on. Just make sure you follow the same weight distribution principal as any other stand build.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new