Bashsea Fleece roller?

onion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I bought a 30x18x16 bashsea smart series sump for a nuvo into 75 coming in June. I now feel immediate regret as I have been looking into fleece rolling and feel I am kinds stuck now. Has anyone been able to apply a fleece roller to a bashsea smart series sump and run a skimmer plus refugium as well? or am I gonna have to run a drop in roller a skimmer and then maybe a algae reactor?

picture for reference

smart-series-30x18x16-1.jpg

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! I have neither of these things but curious to see if you are going to have room for all of that in the sump.. I guess it comes down to what is going to be the most important thing in your opinion for your system.

Hope you are able to work things out! Maybe we can talk through your options on here and see what will all be the best fit for in there!

Delloman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roller is the best piece of equipment I have on my current tank will never run socks again. I was able to get a sump with bult in this time and it was worth the cost if I was retrofitting a sump and unwilling or unable to replace the sump you have the the drop in sock replacements work. verify hight Clearance and you need room to change rolls if your doing a new install in your dry fit of your sump install and replace a roll I did not do this and it has made replacement more difficult.

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I modified my Bashsea sump to accommodate a filter roller. I took a Dremmel tool and cut out the rear two bulkheads and filter sock holders.
Pictures are better than words:

IMG_0112.jpeg

IMG_0111.jpeg

Rolo1990

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a SMS-3618 from Bashsea a bought a bubble Magnus fleece roller. I will be modifying my sump as well I’ll let you guys know what happens or if anybody has some insight let me know
I’m in Michigan and near the bashsea headquarters maybe I’ll reach out to them as well
thanks

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love my roller filter! I had filter socks on my previous tank and was very lax in cleaning them (for them to be effective, they need to be cleaned at least weekly). I go 4-5 weeks between changing rolls now! My sump stays amazingly clean!

I was a little nervous cutting into that beautiful sump, but it turned out not that big of a deal. My only recommendation is to do it outside, if you can. Wear a respirator, that stuff stinks when you cut it! A Dremmel tool works great. Put a sanding bit in after cutting and you can make it look nice!

Depending on how wide the attachment brackets on the Bubble Magus are will determine how much of the sump rim you need to remove. You’ll also need to cut the filter sock brackets.

rancidcrab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I modified my Bashsea sump to accommodate a filter roller. I took a Dremmel tool and cut out the rear two bulkheads and filter sock holders.
Pictures are better than words:

IMG_0112.jpeg

IMG_0111.jpeg
I hate to dig up an old post, but how did you get the gray acrylic trim out from under the 3 bulkheads before cutting?

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t remember having any gray trim around the bulkheads….
In reference to the picture in the original post, are you talking about the white trim piece around the three bulkhead? It was not bonded to the sump. Once I removed the bulkheads, that piece comes right off.

Hope that helps :)

rancidcrab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t remember having any gray trim around the bulkheads….
In reference to the picture in the original post, are you talking about the white trim piece around the three bulkhead? It was not bonded to the sump. Once I removed the bulkheads, that piece comes right off.

Hope that helps :)
Sorry. Yes, the white trim. Mine seemed glued down, but after taking all the bulkheads off, it popped off. Thanks.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 155 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.6%
Back