bashsea sumps

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at the bashsea smart sump. whats everyone opinion on those? good bad? i'm looking at the 36x15x16. i am waiting to hear back from them on a few questions. what i see doing research is supposedly the return chamber is smaller than what there site says it is. i am looking for a good sump. I love the versitile of the bashsea.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The return chamber is exactly what's listed on the website. I reached out to Bashsea because I was told the same thing. FALSE!

colossal_tater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my 125g wet and I used the exact sump (36x16) and I love it. The return chamber is quite small, but it will fit any pump you would possibly want to use. It just can’t fit two if you want dual returns, although the return chamber is divided by a wall into two sections. If you cut that wall out (pretty easy to do with an oscillating saw) you can fit two pumps easily. The only downside is that the wall is acting as the final bubble trap, so that could be an issue, but I’ve never had a bubble problem in my sump anyways. I guess it depends on what you run.

Another thing I was concerned about is the filter sock holder. I really like the sumps that have a drain section that overflows into a filter sock area so you can easily change the socks, but the smart series doesn’t have that. How easy would it be to remove and put back filter socks? Well it’s quite easy, even with the downtube. You just lift up, turn it to a 45 degree angle, and then pull down past the downtube and out.

As for the good of this sump. I’m so happy I got this. I got it on a 15% off sale and it’s really not that much more expensive than a DIY glass sump I was planning for. The build quality is awesome. I love the front clear panel and the grey sides. Probe holder looks great and there are cord cut outs and dosing line holes in every chamber. It’s an amazing looking and functioning sump for the price.

image.jpg

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine 30x15x16 and love it. Build I believe that the sump will outlive any tank with its build quality. And being able to run the Triton method with this sump is a plus as well.

I had a 90g and a 50 g plumbed together using this sump and ended up using the 3rd drain for the 50g

Resized_20180929_194450_6885.jpeg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back