Basic heaters like Eheim (but not as long as them) ?

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have to return a couple Eheims sadly just because they wont fit in my sump with 2 150w, kinda stuck now on alternatives.. If anyone has recommendations for *reliable* 150w heaters around 10inches long id appreciate it!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Titanium units shorter and more reliable

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have to return a couple Eheims sadly just because they wont fit in my sump with 2 150w, kinda stuck now on alternatives.. If anyone has recommendations for *reliable* 150w heaters around 10inches long id appreciate it!
Try Cobalt. Supposed to have the most accurate internal heater of any. I have a 150W and a 300W.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my brs heater. It isn't too long. You have to get the controller with it but I will NEVER run a tank without a heater monitor/controller

OP
OP
Vested

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my brs heater. It isn't too long. You have to get the controller with it but I will NEVER run a tank without a heater monitor/controller
That what im leaning towards right now, 300W has been OOS for awhile though :(
Try Cobalt. Supposed to have the most accurate internal heater of any. I have a 150W and a 300W.
Yeah they seem like great heaters, just so expensive especially for 2

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That what im leaning towards right now, 300W has been OOS for awhile though :(

Yeah they seem like great heaters, just so expensive especially for 2
If you watch the BRS video on best heaters they rank equal to or above their own titanium heaters. BRS doesn’t trust controllers either. They fail much faster than the heater itself.

OP
OP
Vested

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you watch the BRS video on best heaters they rank equal to or above their own titanium heaters. BRS doesn’t trust controllers either. They fail much faster than the heater itself.
Yeah I've watched them, that's why i really liked the eheim and being able to use its controller as a backup for the actual controller. I could do the same with cobalt I assume just way more expensive, may just have to bite the bullet for the peace of mind.

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I've watched them, that's why i really liked the eheim and being able to use its controller as a backup for the actual controller. I could do the same with cobalt I assume just way more expensive, may just have to bite the bullet for the peace of mind.
Ya, none of them are a sure bet. I don’t trust controllers either. BRS will only guarantee theirs for year.

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 Finnex heaters with controllers at first. Neither controller would work. Called the company I bought them from and they said “oh ya, we’ve been getting a lot of those back”. So I bought the Cobalts.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eheim do a preset heater, it’s a lot shorter than those with a dial, only issue is they are set for 77f so if you run your tank hotter they would be no good for you.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back