Basslet Behavior

rm_olsen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two basslets in two seperate tanks (a black cap and royal gramma), and both of them dive towards the sand and glance their face off of it. None of the other fish in either system are showing disease symptoms, and they don't have any visible dots or surface irritation. Is this a normal basslet behavior? I've always had weird fish (a firefish that schools with mated clowns, etc.) but I have never seen this. Should I be worried about any diseases, or should I chalk this one up to wierd personalities?

NoFoolin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two basslets in two seperate tanks (a black cap and royal gramma), and both of them dive towards the sand and glance their face off of it. None of the other fish in either system are showing disease symptoms, and they don't have any visible dots or surface irritation. Is this a normal basslet behavior? I've always had weird fish (a firefish that schools with mated clowns, etc.) but I have never seen this. Should I be worried about any diseases, or should I chalk this one up to wierd personalities?
I've had several Royal grammas over the years, and have never observed that behavior. Sounds to me like something's irritating them.

bruce53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did that and died from ich.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have they been in the tanks, did they come from the same source. Do they also seem to hanging toward the surface of the tank or in the direct flow of a powerhead. Sometimes this can be an indication of flukes, which would affect the gills.

Back