Battery Back Up for MightyJet Pump

KENNYSREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Does anyone have experience or know what battery back up works with the MightyJet DC Pump?

I’ve done some research and a post said the IceCap didn’t work, but if anyone has first hand experience please let me know.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue is most DC pumps that can be supported by a battery backup have an additional DC input jack on the controller that allows you to plug in an auxiliary battery of some sort. Does the controller of your Mighty Jet have one of these input jacks?

I used to run a Skimz Quiet Pro 2.0 DC pump, which I believe is essentially the same pump rebadged, and I do not recall any additional DC input jack on the controller with which to plug a battery backup to.

OP
OP
KENNYSREEF

KENNYSREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue is most DC pumps that can be supported by a battery backup have an additional DC input jack on the controller that allows you to plug in an auxiliary battery of some sort. Does the controller of your Mighty Jet have one of these input jacks?

I used to run a Skimz Quiet Pro 2.0 DC pump, which I believe is essentially the same pump rebadged, and I do not recall any additional DC input jack on the controller with which to plug a battery backup to.

I believe it uses a splitter see video

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it uses a splitter cable, then I’d imagine all you’d need to do is find the proper jack size compatible to the power cord on your Mighty Jet controller, which I believe is a 5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel jack.

OP
OP
KENNYSREEF

KENNYSREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it uses a splitter cable, then I’d imagine all you’d need to do is find the proper jack size compatible to the power cord on your Mighty Jet with I believe is a 5.5mm x 2.1 mm barrel jack.

The only thing is that I read a post on reef 2 reef in like 2018 that someone had an issue with the MIghtyJet using the IceCap Battery :/

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might want to try to send that person a PM and ask about specifics. On paper, if you could find the proper fitting Y adapter, I can’t see why it wouldn’t work.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any more info on the mighty jet battery backup?
From another thread it appears the Icecap v3.0 does NOT work, gives a E2 code(low voltage) on the mighty jet controller. I think IM should start make a battery back up that will work---I mean they come out with great new stuff a lot- look at the new heater they're making.

Last edited:

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there other battery backup systems that work with the mightyjet without having to make modifications to the equipment?

Back