Battery backup and apex fusion

John Stark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers..
I have my reef and apex A2 on a battery backup. When the power goes out, I would like the return pump to turn off for 30 seconds along with all the other non-essentials then turn back on while still on battery. Apex help desk said I need a virtual outlet. I can add the virtual outlet but I need to know exactly what the programming should be.
My return pump is plugged into one of EB8s.
This is my first time posting in this forum. I tried to keep it short and sweet.
Thanks

fugitiveALiEN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers..
I have my reef and apex A2 on a battery backup. When the power goes out, I would like the return pump to turn off for 30 seconds along with all the other non-essentials then turn back on while still on battery. Apex help desk said I need a virtual outlet. I can add the virtual outlet but I need to know exactly what the programming should be.
This is my first time posting in this forum. I tried to keep it short and sweet.
Thanks
I use a Neptune Apex 12v plug-in adapter on a non-battery backed-up surge outlet to sense loss of power. Then in the advanced settings of each device you want off or on during power loss.
Be sure to use the "Fallback" code to ensure after you unplug or lose power to the power bar it turns the device back to what you want. The main line of code you'd want to use is "If Power Apex Off 000 Then OFF" -(Or ON)

As an example here is what I have for my skimmer outlet's advanced code:

Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedD 000 Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ON
If Power Apex Off 000 Then OFF

Upvote 0

wisnia99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers..
Thanks
Hi did you figure it out? I want to do the same thing

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.8%
Back