Battery backup for fish room - Victron MultiPlus II

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

I figured, if it is worth doing it is worth overdoing- so I am looking for anyone who have made a battery backup to power their full tank. As of now, I am looking at below installation:

Inverter/Charter:
Victron MultiPlus-II 48V 3000Va
https://www.sunstore.co.uk/product/victron-multiplus-ii-48v-3000va-inverter-charger-copy/

Batteries:
4 x 12v battery pack giving me around 7,000 KWh

Ideally installed on the breaker for the extension of the house which is powering the fish tank with the ability to manually change to battery power for testing purposes.

Naturally, this will be a job for a qualified electrician taking installation and safe storing of the battery pack into consideration.

Has anyone got any experience with a similar setup? I assume what I am looking at is a poor mans Tesla Powerwall ;)

Cheers!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still figuring out how to hook up my battery back up are two years :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Bret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

I figured, if it is worth doing it is worth overdoing- so I am looking for anyone who have made a battery backup to power their full tank. As of now, I am looking at below installation:

Inverter/Charter:
Victron MultiPlus-II 48V 3000Va
https://www.sunstore.co.uk/product/victron-multiplus-ii-48v-3000va-inverter-charger-copy/

Batteries:
4 x 12v battery pack giving me around 7,000 KWh

Ideally installed on the breaker for the extension of the house which is powering the fish tank with the ability to manually change to battery power for testing purposes.

Naturally, this will be a job for a qualified electrician taking installation and safe storing of the battery pack into consideration.

Has anyone got any experience with a similar setup? I assume what I am looking at is a poor mans Tesla Powerwall ;)

Cheers!
I'm building a similar setup.
Consider using 48v server rack batteries instead of the individual 12v packs.
Depending on your needs you could probably get by with a much smaller system, unless you want this to backup your house as well!
Also, if you are going through all of this you really should consider adding solar.

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a similar setup.
Consider using 48v server rack batteries instead of the individual 12v packs.
Depending on your needs you could probably get by with a much smaller system, unless you want this to backup your house as well!
Also, if you are going through all of this you really should consider adding solar.
Aye, the 48v rack might be the way to go for sure! It's quite hard to find an electrician in the UK who is willing to take on this job so that's where I'm add at the moment ;-) We actually do have solar on the roof already, however when it was installed by the previous owner, no means of storing energy was installed..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back