Battery backup - how to deal with feed mode

  • Thread starter Thread starter mtnrunner
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mtnrunner

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
318
Reaction score
112
Location
Charleston, WV
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my 4 MP40s and ReefWave programmed that when I turn on feed fish in Fusion, they power off along with the return pump.

If I connect one of my MO40s to my ecotech battery backup, when I turn on feed fish my battery will kick in, though at a low speed, while I’m feeding.

I would really like the battery to not turn on the MP40 during feeding. Can anyone think of a way of getting this to work?

Thanks
 
Can you wire the battery upstream of the relay that controls the pump?

Otherwise the battery is going to see the relay cutting power as loss of power and provide power itself.

Other option would be to setup a pump that only powers on when power is cut.
 
Not sure how I would do that. The mp40 would be plugged into the ecotech battery backup.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new