Battery backup

I just realized another issue with the jebao or the icecap. My rw4s are hooked up to the apex via the jebao to apex converter. So both pumps are powered by one power cord. So if I attach one of these backups it will be running both pumps. That will cut the run time in half.

And there's no way to reduce the pumps intensity to lengthen the battery life.
 
The Jabeo doesn't have much juice. Check this out.http://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-XP2260-Instant-Portable-Source/dp/B004EIAADG

As far as power comparison. All the below use lead acid batterys....

Jabeo - 3.6 Ah

Ecotech - 18 Ah

Above - 22 Ah

None of them will run a high wattage heater for a while but you certainly can run a power head for quite a while....

Hey, I just found that Schumacher thing on sale on Wal-Mart's website for $99.94 down from $126. For that price I went ahead and ordered it and even got the 2 year protection plan.

In case anyone else is interested
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schumacher-Electric-6-in-1-Jump-Starter/25955544
 
I just realized another issue with the jebao or the icecap. My rw4s are hooked up to the apex via the jebao to apex converter. So both pumps are powered by one power cord. So if I attach one of these backups it will be running both pumps. That will cut the run time in half.

And there's no way to reduce the pumps intensity to lengthen the battery life.

Are you sure you can't do that with the apex? You always could get a few backups and chain them together. Even if your tank was without flow for 6 hours I think you would be ok....
 
Are you sure you can't do that with the apex? You always could get a few backups and chain them together. Even if your tank was without flow for 6 hours I think you would be ok....

I don't believe I can if the apex has no power.
 
I guess that's true....hopefully the one you bought works out well!gl
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new